Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- If you ran a turkey trot or any other non-NYRR race, make sure to fill out this form to get your result in the team database here:http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The last team points race is nearing capacity – Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Our annual team party will be on January 27. Save the date! More info to come.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Everyone’s turkey trot results coming next week!
- Our women placed first at the 2017 NYRR Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships (5K). Brigette Kolson (20:01) was the 5th woman OA. Genevieve Coffey (21:18), Meghan Bongartz (21:39) and Laureline Logiaco (21:59) placed 8th, 9th and 10th OA for the women. Lauren Dorsky (22:11-1st AG) was our 5th scoring woman.
- Our men placed first at the 2017 Race to Deliver 4M. Matthew Wong (22:56) was the 7th man OA. He was followed by Kirby Neaton (23:41-3rd AG); Terrence McGovern 23:59-5th AG); Kevin Vogt (26:50) and Chris Mccarthy (27:31).
- Many hammers were dropped at the 2017 Philadelphia Marathon! David Clay ran a 45 minute PR of 3:18:32. Laura McDonald ran a 18 minute PR of 3:36:44. Congrats also to Tom Flanagan (2:58:47); Drew McDonald (3:01:58); Chris Forti (3:02:02); Moray Joslyn (3:08:47); Eric Passmore (3:14:48); Jens Kanther (3:16:35); Jared Littlejohn (3:21:06); Adam Beilman (3:24:24) and William Mccann (3:28:10).
- Peter Pedulla finished his first half marathon, the Queens Half Marathon, in 1:45:08. Dorota Sawicz (1:40:22) placed 9th in her AG.
2017 Points Races
- Ted Corbitt (December 9 – nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Body Balance NYC, the DWRT Sports Massage Wellness Partner / Fall Promotions!
Body Balance NYC, our team Sports LMT Wellness Partner, has several exciting post-marathon promotions: FIrst, you can sign up for 2 x 1-Hour Sessions for $180. Or, take advantage of 2 x 30 minute sessions for $100. For a single session, use code DASH15 for $15 off any session online.
Body Balance NYC packages also make a perfect gift for your favorite runner. Body Balance is at 124 E 40th St #1001. Email at Info@BodyBalanceNYC.com or, sign up here:
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.com/ And the code is here: https://www.meetup.com/
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT Charitable Matching Program
If you are running a race for charity in 2017, you are eligible for a matching grant from the Dashing Whippets, of up to $50 per person. Thank you to all of our members for making this possible. See “Charity Partners” for details. http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Physical therapy, acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts www.bauerdentalarts.net
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/