Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
A new order of singlets is in! If you were waiting for a size, they are now available at Custom Performance:
Make sure to email them first so they know to expect you!
- RSVP here if you are doing the NYC Marathon: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are putting together NYC Marathon pace groups. Fill out this link if you’d like to be matched up with people your pace: https://goo.gl/forms/
- The post NYC Marathon party is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- There are a couple of good XC meets coming up! The first is the NYRR Fred Lebow XC Championships on November 19 at Van Cortlandt Park. Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The second is the USATF-NY XC Championships on November 12: http://newyork.usatf.org/
Events/2017/2017-USATF-New- York-Association-Open— Masters-Cro.aspx
- Queens Distance Runners has asked us if anyone would want to be a pacer for their 30k tune up on October 22nd. Let me know if you’re interested!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed first at the 2017 NYRR Staten Island Half Marathon. Rachel Keller (1:20:50); Samantha Creath (1:23:24) and Francesca DeLucia (1:23:40) placed 5th, 8th and 9th OA for the women. They were followed by Anoush Shehadeh (1:24:19-4th AG) and Kathleen Servidea (1:28:52-1st AG). Brigette Kolson (1:29:26) and Kim Martineau (1:32:06) both placed 4th in their AG. Lauren Dorsky (1:31:38) and Katherine Edwards (1:31:57) placed 5th and 7th in their AG. Emma Skygebjerg (1:37:28) and Laura Stephen (1:41:54) placed 9th and 3rd in their AG.
- Our men placed 3rd. Hugh Parker (1:14:22) placed 4th in his AG. He was followed by Carlos Mendoza (1:15:24-3rd AG); David Roeske (1:16:17-6th AG); William Washer (1:18:33) and James Stucker (1:19:17-7th AG). Chris Dawes (1:20:09) and Jonathan Kline (1:23:47) placed 2nd and 1st in their AG.
- Congrats to all those who represented us at the Bank of America Chicago Marathon 2017! Michael Fosco (2:46:00) was our first man. Chandler Self placed 59th OA for the women, finishing in 2:52:56. Meghan Bongartz ran a PR of 3:02:43. They were followed by Selaelo Ramokgopa (3:51:24), Sam Ruth (3:54:34) and Jaime Chien (4:03:34). Jim Lahren ran a PR of 4:06:18.
- Young Cho ran a PR of 3:20:50 at the Steamtown Marathon.
- Rory Coons and Cliff Collins represented us at the 2017 Mohawk Hudson River Marathon, finishing in 3:19:16(a 27+min PR!) and 3:58:46.
- Dave McGrath placed 11th OA at the Blues Cruise 50K, finishing in 4:23:33.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP!http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
2017 Points Races
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT Charitable Matching Program
If you are running a race for charity in 2017, you are eligible for a matching grant from the Dashing Whippets, of up to $50 per person. Thank you to all of our members for making this possible. See “Charity Partners” for details.http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Physical therapy, acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts www.bauerdentalarts.net
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/