Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
I should have announced this a few weeks ago. After Henrietta moved back home to London (we miss you Henrietta!), the board has filled the vacancy left behind with Jennie Cohen. Jennie had been working with Henrietta over much of 2017 on the team blog and Instagram accounts, so it should make for a pretty seamless transition. The board wishes to express our deep gratitude to Henrietta for all the work she has put in over the years to making the team a success!
- The Staten Island Half is nearing capacity and is a points race. It’s also a great tuneup for the marathon. Make sure to register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The metric marathon is tomorrow. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The post metric marathon brunch info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 243281870/ The post-Bronx 10 mile brunch info is here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 242826614/
- Chris is presenting at Custom Performance’s expo next week. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing a NYC Marathon strategy session. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Chicago Marathon, make sure to RSVP: https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you are doing Hartford, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you got into the Boston Marathon, RSVP here. https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 243423316/ Also, let me know if you want to be added to the Boston Marathon Facebook group that Garrett started!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Both our men and our women placed 4th at the 2017 New Balance Bronx 10-Mile. Justin Scheid placed 10th OA, finishing in 53:27. Luke Baltrush (53:46); Keaton Naff (55:18); Karlo Mendoza (56:23) and David Roeske (57:03) placed 5th, 3rd, 1st and 8th in their AG. Chris Dawes placed 1st in his AG, finishing in 58:56.
- Our women were led by Rachael Keller (59:53), who was the 7th woman OA. Kathleen Servidea was our second woman and finished in 1:04:31, placing 1st in her AG. She was followed by Alaina Miller (1:05:23); Laura Gann (1:06:23-4th AG) andLauren Dorsky (1:06:11-5th AG). Kim Martineau (1:10:00) and Christine Peddy (1:17:28) placed 4th and 9th in their AG.
- Matthew Wong (17:45) and Terrence McGovern (18:15) placed 2nd and 3rd OA at the Music that Heals 5k.
- Lauren Lopez finished the Berlin Marathon in 3:32:16.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP!http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
2017 Points Races
- Staten Island half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Bronx 10M/SI Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fall short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT Charitable Matching Program
If you are running a race for charity in 2017, you are eligible for a matching grant from the Dashing Whippets, of up to $50 per person. Thank you to all of our members for making this possible. See “Charity Partners” for details.http://www.dashingwhippets.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
Physical therapy, acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
Physical therapy: Custom Performance www.nycustompt.com
Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
Orthopaedics: Upper East Orthopaedics PC www.ueortho.com
Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Sports chiropractic, ART, Graston: SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic www.drstevendlevine.com
Dentistry: Bauer Dental Arts www.bauerdentalarts.net
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company!
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/