Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- We moved the Brooklyn Half preview run to Sunday at 8:30 due to rain in the forecast. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you still want a spot in the half, NYRR may have some spots remaining. Email me if you want information.
- If you are doing the half and want to coordinate running with people the same pace on the team, fill out this doc and I will email pace groups next week: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/ 1FAIpQLSchwb2xhLL3ptjAxlBhYYLY p4OgYaRI8Cp_4-3i_P6XktCEhA/ viewform
- The post Brooklyn Half party will be on the beach. RSVP here (more info coming): https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the half, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you would like to help organize a cheering station, let me know. We traditionally cheer at mile 12.
- The theme for this Monday’s easy run is to celebrate Rich and Heather’s engagement: https://www.meetup.com/
- Mike Miller and Meghan Prin are going to try out a morning workout on Thursday, June 8: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are going to be volunteering at a water station for the Chase Corporate Challenge. A round of drinks on the team afterward if you can come! RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the Broad Street Run 10M in Philadelphia last Sunday, Bill Washer set a new team record in the 10 miler, finishing in 55:15! Young Cho (1:05:03) Jeff Nicastro (1:10:50) both ran a PR! Grace Berry finished in 1:12:08.
- It was a great day for the team at the Providence Marathon! Drew McDonald (3:19:37); Adam Beilman (3:38:06); Cici Pandol (3:53:40) and Laura McDonald (3:54:23) represented us in the marathon. James Kraemer, from our Boston chapter, ran his first marathon in 3:36:39!
- Joseph Siefers (1:37:43); Larissa Coyne (1:40:48); YoonSeok Lee (1:45:33) and Eugenia White (1:47:57) represented us in the half!
- Greg Pezolano finished the Belfast City Marathon in 3:00:59.
2017 Points Races
- Brooklyn half (Full)
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Shorter distance plan coming soon!
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Two free spin classes at Swerve
We have a deal for two free spin classes at Swerve. Check it out: https://www.meetup.com/
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/