Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- If you are interested in a sports bra, purchase one here by May 9! https://www.meetup.com/
- Check out Brigette’s Red Hook Crit recap here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2017/05/04/brigette- kolsons-red-hook-crit-race- recap/
- We have a deal for two free spin classes at Swervve. Check it out: https://www.meetup.com/
- And we are doing a preview of the Brooklyn Half Marathon course on Saturday, May, 13 at 9:00 am instead of the usual 8:30 and meeting outside the Brooklyn Museum: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing our annual team meeting on May 10: https://www.meetup.com/
- Tom is organizing a cheer station for the Mini 10k here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Brooklyn Pride 5k is on June 10: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed FIRST at the 2017 SHAPE Women’s Half Marathon. Meghan Bongartz placed 8th in her AG and finished in 1:31:08. Ann Restak (1:35:26); Barbara Mann (1:35:34) and Lauren Lopez (1:35:40) placed 6th, 7th and 9th in their AG. Kristen Anderson was our fifth woman and finished in 1:37:45. Patricia Choux (1:38:02) finished 2nd in her AG.
- We had some amazing performances at the New Jersey Marathon 2017! Steve Wo ran a PR of 2:57:29, breaking the 3:00-hour barrier for the first time and placing 9th in his AG. Stephen Gnoza ran a fifteen-minute PR, finishing in 3:03:46 and qualifying for Boston 2018. Lindsay Albala, who ran a ten-minute PR of 3:30:02, qualified for Boston as well! Kelsey Butler PRd in the half, finishing in 1:55:05.
- We had two women placing in the top 10 at the Red Hook Crit 5K. Brigette Kolson placed 9th OA, finishing in 18:37 and Elizabeth Laseter followed right after in 18:38.
- Mary Haskins placed 4th in her AG at the Revel Mt Charleston, finishing in 3:50:04.
2017 Points Races
- Brooklyn half (Full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Shorter distance plan coming soon!
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/