Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- The next Adidas run is this Wednesday at 6:30. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Staten Island Half is also still nearing capacity. We are in some tight races in the NYRR points series, so please register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The last team points race, the Ted Corbitt 15k is open. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are currently out of men’s medium and large singlets. We’re working on getting more. Bear with us!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
At the Percy Sutton Harlem 5K last Saturday, a NYRR team-point race, our women placed third!
- Elizabeth Laseter (17:55) placed 1st in her AG and was the 7th woman OA. She was followed by Brigette Kolson (18:30-5th AG); Jane Seo (18:47-6th AG); Jessica Chichester (18:47-6th AG) and Kim Martineau (19:33-3rd AG).
- Our men placed seventh thanks to Lenny Shulgin (16:47), who was 10th in his AG; Mark Degenhart (17:03); William Washer (17:09); Spencer Zidarich (17:09) and Michael Fosco (17:35).
- Our Masters Women’s Team took third place thanks to Kim Martineau (19:33); Elizabeth Maiuolo (21:18) and Jacquii Alexander (24:41).
- Our Masters Men’s team placed fourth. Jonathan Kline (17:48) was first in his AG and was followed by Frank Drury (18:50-2nd AG) and Bobby Liu (18:58).
- At the NYRR Henry Isola Cross Country 4M, Sarah Zaborowski (36:37) and Rael Linder (38:57) placed 3rd and 5thin their AG.
- At the 39th Annual Gilford Old Home Day 5K, Franny Vignola was the 1st woman OA, finishing in a time of 21:43.
- Kristen Elkins (37:01) was the 1st woman OA at the Newburgh Draft Day 5 Mile.
The Mystery Man Who Won the 1978 Olympic Marathon: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110.
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Bronx 10M/Staten Island Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. The next run is September 7. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is in September at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.