Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, and Fitletic, Inc.
- If you would like to pace with teammates at the half, fill out the form here and I’ll email everyone with a similar goal. It doesn’t look like they have wave and corral information yet, so enter your usual NYRR bib pace. Form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/
- The post-race party (and celebration of the team’s 7th anniversary) is most likely on the beach next Saturday after the race. Right now the weather looks to be great. If that changes, we will select an alternate location. Let us know if you can volunteer to drive supplies from the start to the finish(I believe we have a car). In the past, we’ve had people meet the driver close to the start to drop off food for a potluck and met the car at the finish, so we may organize something similar this year. Please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing a team volunteering at the Corporate Challenge on June 1. Make sure to RSVP here. We are going to work out a deal at a local bar so we can have fun afterward! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Pride Run 5M is nearing capacity. Make sure to register soon here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships are now open for registration. This is the biggest and best race of the year, so make sure to sign up! Men: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m Women: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2016/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- So is the Percy Sutton 5k, which is a points race this year: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Both Team Championships and Percy Sutton increase in price after May 16!
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Make sure to join our team Strava page here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/
- NY Custom PT is doing a recovery day on Monday, May 23, with 50% off massage and PT services for participants of the Brooklyn Half. Email email@example.com
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- Our men placed third at the NYRR Japan Run 4M thanks to David Goldfarb (23:09-2nd AG); Eric Buscarino (23:39-8th AG); Okke Rutte (23:43); Paul Warthen (24:22-6th AG) and Frank Drury (24:31-1st AG).
- Rick Thiounn (24:33) and Selina Satoko Highstein (29:11) both placed 9th in their AG.
- Kaitlyn Kiernan was the first woman at the Dime McCarren 5K, finishing in a PR time of 19:10.
- At the West Point 5k/10k, Garret Burger (37:10) placed 2nd for the men and Jerlyn Thomas (46:17) placed 2nd in her AG and 5th for the women.
- The Dashing Whippets Beer Mile took place last Thursday. Our top three women were Elizabeth Laseter(7:14); Jerlyn Thomas (9:22) and Cassie Wallance (12:36).
- For the men, Ryan Hepworth (7:57) placed 5th and was followed by Taylor Harstein (10:06-6th place) and Daniil Blinov (12:04-8th place).
- Man vs. Marathon: http://mobile.nytimes.com/
2016/05/15/sports/two-hour- marathon-yannis-pitsiladis. html?referer=https://www. google.com/
- The Confessions of Eddy Hellebuyck: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Brooklyn Half (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Retro 4M (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Men’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. While supplies last, you can get a “2015” short sleeved shirt for free with a purchase. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Brooklyn Half Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan coming soon!