Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Since it gets dark earlier this time of year, make sure to be careful if running alone (and try to run with someone). There was a recent incident in the East River Park: http://www.nydailynews.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.
- Sign up for the NYC Half by December 3! Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are volunteering to wrap donated gifts for the homeless on two dates, 12/7 (http://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 226727735/) and 12/14 (http://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 226727769/).
- Remember to register for the last team points race of the year, the Ted Corbitt 15k here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/nyrr-ted-corbitt- 15k. This is nearing capacity!
- We now have singlets and long sleeved shirts in for most sizes. See the apparel section below.
- Check out the page of our roster going to USATF Club Cross Country Nationals. Custom PT has chipped in $500 to help fund the trip: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Make sure to enter your turkey trot results. We are still collecting results even though the results page hasn’t been updated in a little while: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Save the date of January 16 for our annual party. Meetup to be posted soon!
- Custom PT is doing a presentation on a core strengthening program they have put together for us on 12/9. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For long sleeved shirts, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her. Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships 5K in Van Cortland Park last Sunday, our guys took third place thanks to Jordan Rose (18:07 – 6th AG), Eric Morley (18:59 – 5th AG), Stephen Wo (19:48 – 7th AG), Chris Forti (20:05 – 4th AG), and Joe Delano (20:09 – 5th AG).
- For the women, Cassie Wallace placed 8th in her AG with a 22:41 and Shaidah Hamlett placed 6th in her AG with a 32:50.
- We had some strong performances at the NYRR 60K in Central Park last Saturday!
- Our men placed first thanks to Jeffrey Zawadzki (4:53:02), John Ferry (5:07:41), Otto Lam (5:13:53), Roman Matuska (5:56:43), and Hideki Kinoshita (7:40:40).
- For the women, Jerlyn Thomas ran a PR of 5:56:33 and placed 4th in her AG while Michelle Mason placed 2nd in her AG with a 6:37:37, just two weeks after running the Javelina Jundred 100K!
- We had some Whippets representing us at the NYCRUNS Brooklyn Marathon this past Sunday! For the guys, Richie Hildebrand finished in 3:34:25. For the women, Raina Hafer shaved 2+ minutes off her one-month old marathon PR, running a 4:55:19, and Lisa Alfrey ran a 4:24:14!
- Ned Cunningham ran a PR of 15:56 at the St. Rita 5K in Alexandria, VA, this past Saturday, placing 1stin his AG and 4th overall.
- Who Says Cross Country Isn’t a Contact Sport?: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- How to Run Speed Workouts in the Snow: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Washington Heights 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k