Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/race-result-submission- form/ Please enter results as far back as to when you first joined the team!
- Make sure to sign up for the road race. We’re going to have prizes from Brooklyn Running Company, BPA-free water bottles sponsored by Russ at RunnerClinicNYC and Fitletic running belts for every finisher. The course will be USATF certified. See info here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If anyone is interested in the USATF Club Cross Country National Championships in San Francisco this December, let us know. Chris and I are going to start getting a read on interest and seeing what we can do to help fund some of the travel costs.
- Check out Cassie’s recap of the women’s team record DMR performance here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2015/07/10/race-recap- july-7-nyrr-tuesday-night- speed-series-womens-dmr/
- There’s one more Tuesday Night Speed Series this summer. It’s a great time and we encourage people to come out. More information here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
The following team points races are now open for registration:
- Team Championships (men): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships (women): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the USATF Club Track and Field National Championships, Elizabeth Laseter set the outdoor track 5,000 meter team record in 18:20. Ned Cunningham ran 16:23.
- Lara Kail ran a PR of 20:01 in the Part with Purpose 5k. She also ran the Westwood Dad’s Dash 5k in a prior PR of 20:52.
- Eric Morley ran a 5k PR at the Al Goldstein 5k in 17:17 and Blaise Chow ran 21:09.
And some recent results I’ve missed over the past several weeks:
- Ryan Hepworth ran the Arielle Newman 5M Run in 29:28.
- Molly McEwan ran the Brooklyn Cyclones Take your Base 5k in 24:58,
- Liz Maiuolo ran the Harlem 1M in 6:28, the Al Goldstein 5k on June 17 in 21:33, and the Alive and Running 5k in 21:50.
- Tessa Benau ran the June 17th Al Goldstein in 20:10.
- Celia Kuala ran a Boston Qualifying 3:32:08 at the Bayshore Marathon!
- Run Through Overtraining Syndrome: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Tips for Downhill Running: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- The Science (and Strategy) Behind Sweating: http://running.competitor.com/
2015/07/injury-prevention/the- science-and-strategy-behind- sweating_132029
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.