Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Russ is out of the country for several weeks, but we got a new batch of singlets. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can arrange getting one to you if you need one!
- Elizabeth Laseter and Ned Cunningham are running USATF Club Track Nationals at Icahn Stadium this Saturday. The first race is at 9:45 am. Come to the Manhattan Saturday run to run out there to cheer or just come straight to Randall’s Island!
- Check out the article by local runner Sarah Gearhart about team member Paul Warthen’s running recipe! http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our road race is open for registration. It will be a 5k on August 15 at Astoria Park: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We need more volunteers for Boomer’s 4M so we get one NYC Marathon spot this year and 5 next year. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/223101684/. Make sure to register to volunteer on myNYRR as well. This will help us get one spot to this year’s marathon and five next year!
- Would anyone like to check out a free pair of Altra running shoes? We got an offer of a free pair for 6 people on the team. Email me if interested!
The following team points races are now open for registration:
- Team Championships (men): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships (women): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR Tuesday Night Speed Series, two records were set! The women’s DMR team of Jesse Baldwin-Philippi, Cassie Wallace, Laura Huselton, and Francesca DeLucia ran 13:44.24, while the men’s masters team of Keith Slyman, Michael Alcamo, Scott Batten, and Jonathan Kline ran 13:13.3. Terry McGovern and Matthew Wong ran the 3200 in 10:59 and 10:54, respectively. Cassie has written a blog post about the meet that will be posted soon.
- I also forgot to mention that Tommy Pyon won his third straight TGNY100 Mile Run several weeks ago. Tiger Ellen also finished the course. There were many members of the team out on the course pacing them and taking pictures, including Francesca DeLucia, Otto Lam, Ben Ko, Annette Vega, and Michelle Mason. Look out for a blog post from Tommy to come soon!
- Conservative Racing Pays Off in the Heat: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- 68-Year-Old New Yorker Uses City as Training Ground: http://www.runnersworld.com/
masters/68-year-old-new- yorker-uses-city-as-training- ground
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.