Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Make sure to check out Terry’s note on the new results section of our site: http://www.dashingwhippets.
We now have our singlets at Russ’s office. Please see here for information and make sure to RSVP and pay for the singlet before picking up so Russ won’t have to deal with cash! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Thank you to all of our volunteers and meet sponsor of our track meet (Brooklyn Running Company)! Results can be found here: http://trackmeet.
- Our road race is open for registration. It will be a 5k on August 15 at Astoria Park: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We need a few more volunteers for the Corporate Challenge water station. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We can also send a few volunteers to help NBR’s water station on Thursday. Let me know if you are interested!
- There is a National Running Day event tomorrow morning at 7 am: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you would like to cheer this Sunday at the 4 miler, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing a run/brunch event on June 14. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And a networking event on June 15 here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We will have a beer mile on June 18 at the East River Track. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And our anniversary run is on June 19. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
The following team points races are now open for registration:
- Team Championships (men): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team Championships (women): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10 miler: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women’s team won another race, placing first in the Healthy Kidney 10k on Saturday. Whippets in the top ten in their age groups included Tatyana Abugova, Patricia Choux, Caitlin Williamson, and Daniela Czark. Congratulations!
- Steve Prefontaine’s Last Run: http://grantland.com/features/
- New York Triathletes Mourn JackRabbit’s Loss of Independence: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/
06/02/business/new-york- triathletes-mourn-jackrabbits- loss-of-independence.html
- Woman, 92, Becomes Oldest Marathon Finisher: http://www.runnersworld.com/
general-interest/woman-92- becomes-oldest-marathon- finisher
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.