Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
– Rose, Matt and Simon
- We’re having a get together on Saturday at 2 pm at Threes Brewery in Gowanus in Brooklyn (the Venice of Brooklyn, perhaps?). RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Since we have so many new members, please check out our FAQ page:http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We had to move our first Thursday morning workout back to next week because of the extreme cold conditions expected tomorrow morning with the windchill. RSVP for 1/15 here:http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you’re doing the Joe Kleinerman 10k, RSVP here so we can communicate the pre-race plans:http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Remember that the NYC Marathon opens for registration on 1/15 and the Brooklyn Half opens on 1/21. The Brooklyn Half will fill up very shortly after opening, so try to register soon after it opens!
- Team jackets will be available soon, so stay tuned for those.
- We now have all four of our training plans out for the first few months of 2015. Check our training page for the Boston Marathon, NJ Marathon, NYC Half, and Washington Heights 5k/Scotland Run 10k plans: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If you have any questions about the team plans or training in general, our coaches have volunteered to do a Q&A. Please ask questions here and we will post their answers!https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/1RgkRenQxQXnYsRd6YhW- GG8L6rTj4lQW7XO1ugmtZvo/ viewform
- Register for the Washington Heights 5k – what will probably be the first points race of 2015here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results: https://docs.google.com/forms/
Best Bargains in Running: http://www.runnersworld.com/
Winter as Training Tool: http://m.runnersworld.com/
How Indoor Track Can Pay Off Later: http://m.runnersworld.com/
Mile posts: Lisa Uhl confronts struggles of being a professional runner: http://www.desmoinesregister.