Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Certain heats of the Fifth Avenue Mile are nearing capacity, including the men’s and women’s 30-34 age group and the women’s 40-49 age group (men’s 40-49 is now full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- The team’s annual metric marathon is on 9/15. See here for more information!https://www.meetup.com/
- The post metric marathon brunch info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Enter your pace for the metric marathon here if you wish to be placed in a pace group:https://goo.gl/forms/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We had some outstanding performances at the NYRR 2018 Percy Sutton Harlem 5K Run, a club-point race! The women placed 1st and Anoush Shehadeh placed 2nd OA with a time of 17:32. Elizabeth Laseter (17:59) and Molly Wawrzyniak (18:39) placed 4th and 10th OA. They were followed by Jessica Chichester (18:50-4th AG) and Jesse Baldwin-Philippi (18:59).
- The men took 5th place. Spencer Zidarich (15:56) and Keaton Naff (16:08) placed 8th and 3rd in their AG. They were followed by Jeremy Arthur (16:23); Karlo Mendoza (16:42-7th AG) and Kyle Oppenheimer (16:58).
- The Women’s Masters Team placed 2nd thanks to Kathleen Servidea (19:08-1st AG); Barbara Mann (19:33-3rd AG) and Sarah Woods (23:35-7th AG).
- Matthew Wong (17:26-3rd AG); Jonathan Kline (17:34-1st AG) and Terrence McGovern (17:59-6th AG) led the Men’s Masters Team to 4th place.
- Meghan Bongartz (19:51) and Lauren Dorsky (20:55) placed 10th and 7th in their AG. Danielle Latino (21:04) Brooke Jameson (21:05) placed 8th and 9th in their AG. Stephan Brohme (19:00) placed 9th in his AG.
- Stephen Bione placed 4th OA at the Sri Chinmoy Marathon, finishing in 2:51:04. Eliza Ragsdale (3:18:22) was the 2nd woman OA.
2018 Points Races
- NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (some heats are nearing capacity! – 9/9/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10M (9/30/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (10/14/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.260980173. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer 5k-10k Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Fifth Avenue Mile/Track Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Massage Packages at Body Balance NYC
Nicole, at our massage partner – Body Balance NYC is offering us some great massage packages. Check them out here: https://bodybalancenyc.com/
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Thank you to our race partners Philadelphia Marathon, Broad Street Run, Hartford Marathon and Fort Lauderdale A1A Marathon. See Meetup for $10 and 15% off discount codes for Hartford and Fort Lauderdale, here: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: