Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Registration for the NYC Marathon is now open through February 15. Register here: https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
org/plan-your-race/run-in- 2018?_ga=2.27622012. 1756861461.1516468491- 1713173526.1506293621
- And RSVP here once you get in! https://www.meetup.com/
- The Washington Heights 5k is nearing capacity! This is the first team points race of the year. http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2018/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- The second points race, the Healthy Kidney 10k in April is also open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The Al Gordon 4M is nearing capacity. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2018/nyrr-al-gordon- brooklyn-4m and RSVP here if you’re doing it: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 245790826/
- If you are doing the Brooklyn Half, make sure to RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The USATF NY Indoor Track Championships are on 2/11 at Ocean Breeze. Here’s info: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 246494227/Make sure to register by February 8 here: http://newyork.usatf.org/ Events/2018/USATF-New-York- Open-Masters-Indoor-Track— Field-C.aspx
- UA is holding an indoor track meet on February 24. Check out information here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Keep 2/28 on your calendar for our annual general meeting! https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP here if you’re doing the NYC Half: https://www.meetup.com/
- We have a new code for the Ragnar Relay. See below for details.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR Night at the Races 3, Hugh Parker and Olivier Wijtenburg placed 2nd and 4th OA in the 5000m, finishing in 15:15 and 15:24. They were followed by David Goldfarb (16:42); Chris Forti (17:46) and John Downing (21:25).
- Jessy Scarpone (17:48) and Brigette Kolson (18:26) placed 2nd and 10th for the women in the 5000m.
- Omar Khedr (2:28) and John Downing (2:43) represented us in the 800m.
2018 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K (3/4/2018) (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (4/29/2018): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
3. Brooklyn Half (5/19/2018) (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
4. Queens 10K (6/16/2018)
5. Team Champs (7/28/2018)
6. Percy Sutton 5K (8/25/2018)
7. NYRR 5th Avenue Mile (9/9/2018)
8. Bronx 10M (9/30/2018)
9. Staten Island Half (10/14/2018)
10. TCS NYC Marathon (11/4/2018) (register by 2/15!): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
11. Ted Corbitt 15K (12/8/2018)
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Advanced NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Intermediate NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you are a new member of the Dashing Whippets, please join us on Mondays for the New Member and Easy Run, out of Amity Hall. Our website has a new page with FAQs for new members: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Ragnar Relay Discount Code
If you like Ragnars, then you’ll love $100 off of these two races: Ragnar Pennsylvania June 15-16, 2018 or Trail Ragnar Wawayanda Lake October 5-6, 2018. For the exclusive Dashing Whippets $100 off code, click the Ragnar link on our website, or go to our Deals Page on Meetup. Register at www.ragnarrelay.com
(See info on code here: https://www.meetup.com/
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2017 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: