Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
- Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Running Warehouse Discount
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Cross country spikes can be found for a great deal with the discount!
Hurricane Harvey Fundraising
The team is raising funds for the American Red Cross for Hurricane relief. Check out the crowdrise site here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/
We have hit our goal of $1000 and will send a check of what we receive plus $250 from the team to the American Red Cross early next week. Thank you to everyone who has given and you can still give!
- The Fifth Avenue Mile is nearing capacity for many age groups, but is still open for some: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The cheering station info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Also, the Staten Island Half is nearing capacity! http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are doing another nutrition clinic on September 18: https://www.meetup.com/
- Buy our new tech shirts! https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 242176295/. Reminder that these are at Finish Line PT and the rest of our apparel is at Custom Performance.
- We have a new run of singlets! If you are looking for sizes we’ve been out of for awhile, make sure to get into Custom to pick one up! Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The metric marathon is on 9/30. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Boston Marathon opens for registration on Monday. Info here: http://www.baa.org/races/
boston-marathon/participant- information/athlete- registration.aspx
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Ryan Hepworth placed 2nd OA at the Celic Run 4 Miler in Staten Island, running a PR time of 22:14. Coach Chris Forti took 6th place OA (1st AG), finishing in 23:26.
2017 Points Races
- 5th Ave mile (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Bronx 10M/SI Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/