Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Hurricane Harvey Fundraising
The team is raising funds for the American Red Cross for Hurricane Harvey relief. Check out the crowdrise site here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/
From the Blog
Check out Ryan Hepworth’s recap of the Percy Sutton 5k and his huge PR race: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Tom, Brian, Young, and Terry are still updating our results database, including a new feature that includes graphs on performance in different weather and rivals. Mine is Ryan Hepworth! If you don’t come up in the dashboard feature, it probably just means you don’t have enough recent races in the database.
We get a feed of all NYRR races, but if you run a non-NYRR race, you can enter it here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If you are doing the Chicago Marathon, make sure to RSVP here so you can coordinate pre and post race activities with Meghan B.: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Fifth Avenue Mile is nearing capacity: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The cheering station info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Also, make sure to sign up for the Staten Island Half as a good tune up for the marathon: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are doing another nutrition clinic on September 18: https://www.meetup.com/
- Buy our new tech shirts! https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 242176295/. Reminder that these are at Finish Line PT and the rest of our apparel is at Custom Performance.
- We have a new run of singlets! If you are looking for sizes we’ve been out of for awhile, make sure to get into Custom to pick one up! Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Bobby, Chris, Cassie, myself, and a few others are interested in some fall cross country races in NYC and around the northeast this fall. If you’re interested, let us know and we’ll try to get some group trips together!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2017 Percy Sutton Harlem 5K Run, our women placed first. They were led by Kendall Lyons (17:38 – a new team record!) and Bianca Jackson (17:48), who placed 6th and 9th OA for the women. They were followed by Carly Graham (18:06-6th AG); Jennie Cohen (18:07-5th AG); and Emmi Aguillard (18:20-7th AG).
- Our men placed 4th thanks to Maclean O’donnel (15:34-3rd AG); Ned Cunningham (15:59-5thAG); Cory Helder (16:06-6th AG); Karlo Mendoza (16:28-1st AG) and Nick Grinlinton (16:41), who scored for the team during his first 5K ever!
- Meghan Bongartz (18:56) placed 8th in her AG. Kathleen Servidea (19:04) placed 1st in her AG. Lauren Dorsky (21:08) and Christine Peddy (21:28) placed 7th and 4th in their AG. Patricia Choux (21:35) and Paula Scaminaci (22:39) both placed 5th in their AG.
- Frederick Hines (17:01) and Michael Fosco (17:06) placed 8th and 9th in their AG. Mark Heller (20:58) placed 10th in their AG.
- Dave McGrath finished the Islandsbanki Reykjavik Marathon in 3:05:39, which was an eleven-minute PR and an almost five-minute BQ!
2017 Points Races
- 5th Ave mile (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Bronx 10M/SI Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/