I hope you’ve had a great weekend! As we continue adjusting to this new normal in both our running and larger NY communities, our team’s virtual activities offer a fresh way to connect and engage with each other and boost all of our spirits. Please see the below list for some updates from the activity committee for next week:
- Weekly live yoga with DWRT’s Leah Robbins will be continuing on Wednesdays at 7pm: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270013758
- Weekly live functional strength sessions with Coach Emmi will be continuing on Fridays at 6:30 pm (note the new time): https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270013784/
- Any aches or pains and unable to get in to your physical therapist or orthopedist? Coach Emmi is also offering virtual physical therapy sessions through Finish Line Physical Therapy. You can contact Emmi directly email@example.com for more information.
- Virtual Amity Zoom hangout Monday at 7 pm, led by Andrea La Bella, Jess Chen and Hal Lange. This week we will be joined by Coach Fred, zooming in from the distant land of Ontario: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/270013808
- Any team member is welcome to compete in a virtual race. See this blog post for more details: http://www.dashingwhippets.org/2020/04/06/dwrt-virtual-races/
- Join a team study session and virtual networking event on Saturday at 3 pm, led by Riri Nagao, Daniela Alvarado, Joe Siefers and Avi Das: https://www.meetup.com/dashing-whippets/events/269954448/
- Elizabeth Laseter has posted an amazing recipe in our #quarantinekitchen series of healthful things to cook while cooped up. See this Facebook post for all the info: https://m.facebook.com/groups/81808533196?view=permalink&id=10158240175343197
- We have launched an Olympic Torch relay by volunteering members, carrying the torch (virtually) from Olympia to Athens. To get involved, check this post on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-zRH44n0P7/
- Michael Alcamo and Joseph Masibay have arranged a Zwift workout on Monday morning at 7:10 am. Get more details from this Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159847356279012
- We are starting a weekly #RunSolo photo contest. For details on how to participate see here: http://www.dashingwhippets.org/2020/04/12/runsolo-photo-contest/
- Periodic recordings of coaches’ and teammates’ favorite runs will be posted to the team’s IG @dashingwhippets. Please also continue to tag us in your #RunSolo posts and stories.
We’d love to hear from you with activity suggestions. Please connect with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The health of our members is of utmost importance, so we encourage you all to embrace the #runsolo initiative and stay safe!