Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Brooklyn Half Registration:
- If you have guaranteed entry for the Brooklyn Half, you must claim it between January 8 and January 15. If you don’t, you can sign up on January 22. If you plan to do it and have guaranteed entry, make sure to register in the early window since it will fill quickly once it opens to the general public! Information is here: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up. The following races are nearing capacity:
- Al Gordon 4M: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Boomer’s Run to Breathe: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
boomer39scysticfibrosisruntobr eathe4mbroughttoyoubyunitedhea lthcare
- Save the date for our track meet on May 9!
- RSVP here for the next armory track meet: https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP here for the next Ocean Breeze Miles Mania meet: https://www.meetup.com/
- Entry for the NYC Marathon opens on January 30th: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The annual winter party will be on January 25. There are only a few tickets left! RSVP and buy tickets here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Please nominate members for awards here: https://forms.gle/
- Laura is hosting a nutritional seminar on January 29 at Finish Line. See info here: https://www.meetup.com/
Thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Dashing Whippets placed 2nd at the 2020 NYRR Joe Kleinerman 10K. On the men side, Garrett Burger (35:12) and David Goldfarb (35:28) placed 7th and 6th in their AG, while William Washer (35:33) and Jordan Wolff (35:52) placed 6th and 3rd. Joe Tucker finished in 37:52.
- Lauren Dorsky (40:53) and Naomi Nakai (41:00) placed 3rd and 8th in their AG. Jennifer DiMascioDonohue (41:03) and Sara Putterman (42:18) placed 4th and 8th in their AG. Atlee Murphy (42:49) placed 10th in her AG.
- Francois Kress (40:51); Carl Kulo (45:24) and Selina Satoko Highstein (46:00) all placed 6th in their AG. Brandon Johnson ran a PR of 42:51.
- Spencer Zidarich placed 7th OA at the Bonfield Express 5K, finishing in 15:48.
2020 Points Races
a. Washington Heights 5K (full): March 1 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
b. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K (full): March 28 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
c. Run as One 4M: April 26 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
d. Brooklyn Half: May 16 (https://www.nyrr.org/races/
e. Queens 10K: June 21
f. Team Champs: August 1
g. 5th Avenue Mile: September 13
h. Bronx 10M: September 27
i. S.I. Half: October 11
j. NYC Marathon: November 1
k. Ted Corbitt 15K: December 13
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- Pom pom hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Arm sleeves: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Winter short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/12/DWRT_ TrainingPlan_Winter2020_ ShortDistance.pdf
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
If you would like to use the team’s plans via the VDOT program (it’s a really cool app that makes training much easier), RSVP here:
- Winter/ Spring Short Distance: https://www.meetup.com/
- Boston Advanced: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Advanced: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Intermediate: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jersey Advanced: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Jersey Intermediate: https://www.meetup.com/
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Picky Bars: https://www.meetup.com/
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
- Automobile: Volvo Car USA. https://www.volvocars.com/
Thank you also to our friends at Amity Hall and Running Warehouse!
Our friends at Ragnar are providing $100 off DWRT team registrations to 2020 overnight Ragnar Relays. See “deals and discounts” on Meetup, here:
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- DWRT Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/