Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
The probable first team points race of 2020 – the Washington Heights 5k – is open: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- If you are doing the Philly Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re interested in joining others in Philly for a pre-race dinner, information is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Ted Corbitt 15k, please RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the Cal International Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Thanks to our results team for compiling all the data in our database! Brian Donaghy has put together race links on our site where we can display top ten AG and PR performances. We will continue to build this out and improve on this going forward, but to keep our database full of all our team races results, make sure to fill out this link above for non-NYRR races.
And thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Dashing Whippets placed 1st at the 2019 NYRR Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships 5K thanks to Karlo Mendoza (16:49-2nd OA); Darragh Halpenny (17:40-6th OA); Frederick Hines (17:51-7th OA); Jordan Wolff (18:24-4th AG) and Daniel Masterson (18:47-4th AG).
- Megan Horn was the 2nd woman OA, finishing in 20:13. Anne-Laure White (20:22); Megan Bongartz (20:37) and Katherine Edwards (20:51) placed 3rd, 4th and 5th OA for the women.
2019 Points Races
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Ted Corbitt/XC Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: