Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
- If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- The drawing application for the 2020 NYC Half is open, but only through 11/13. Info here: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The probable first team points race of 2020 – the Washington Heights 5k – is open: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- If you are doing the Fred Lebow XC Championships, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Philly Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you would like to give to the team through the voluntary contribution drive, the link is here: https://charity.gofundme.com/
- If you are doing the Ted Corbitt 15k, please RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Thanks to our results team for compiling all the data in our database! Brian Donaghy has put together race links on our site where we can display top ten AG and PR performances. We will continue to build this out and improve on this going forward, but to keep our database full of all our team races results, make sure to fill out this link above for non-NYRR races.
And thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the TCS New York City Marathon 2019, Khia Kurtenbach (2:55:27); Lauren Dorsky (2:56:00) and Ellyn Atkinson (2:56:15) led the Women’s Open Team to third place, placing 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in their AG. Rebecca Verrone (3:00:25) placed 7th in her AG.
- The Men’s Open Team took 9th place thanks to Hugh Parker (2:32:19); Brian Reis 2:40:07) and David Goldfarb (2:41:25). Hamish Alexander ran a 47-minute PR of 3:37:07.
- Katherine Edwards led the women to 2nd place at the 2019 Abbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K, finishing in 18:58 and placing 8th in her AG. She was followed by Emma Shaff (18:59); Ann Restak (19:09-1st AG); Jessica Chen 19:22; and Jennifer Dimascio-Donohue (19:30).
- The men took 7th place thanks to Darragh Halpenny (16:39 – 2nd AG); Daniel Masterson (17:06); Stephen Cox (17:52); Nick Grinlinton (18:30) and Paul Dobrynin (19:14). Brett Slater (20:52) and John Narducci (21:20) placed 6th and 10th in their AG.
- Ivette Mejia ran a new team record of 1:13:36 at the Valencia Half Marathon.
- Jonathan Epstein finished the Des Moines Marathon in 3:28:36.
- Karlo Mendoza won the East River 5000 in 15:42! Spencer Zidarich ran 15:48. Also, Matt Carlsson ran 16:00, Darragh Halpenny ran 16:10, Frederick Hines finished in 16:15, Afshin Rostamo 18:19, Katie Edwards 18:52, and Brigette Kolson 21:01.
- Jenny DiMascio-Donohue ran a 4-minute PR of 1:28:15 at the Brooklyn Half Marathon, placing 10th OA for the women. Steve Satenstein finished in 1:41:46.
2019 Points Races
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Ted Corbitt/XC Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: