Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Congratulations to Jessica Chichester, who is the first Whippet to qualify for the U.S. Olympic Trials. Jessica qualified with a 2:42:16 in the Toronto Marathon last weekend!
Races Nearing Capacity
- If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Jingle Bell Jog 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The drawing application for the 2020 NYC Half is open. Info here: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- The probable first team points race of 2020 – the Washington Heights 5k – is open: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- If you are doing the Dash to the Finish, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to coordinate with other Whippets with a similar goal in the NYCM, fill out the pace form here: https://forms.gle/
- There’s a NYC Marathon expo trip and dinner. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running the marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Cheer station info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Info on the post NYC Marathon party is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Fred Lebow XC Championships, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Besides Jessica’s OTQ performance, there were several other great marathon performances last weekend. Billy Washer ran the Baystate Marathon in 2:38:36. Naomi Barnett ran her first marathon at the Mount Desert Marathon in Maine in 3:12:06.
- Elizabeth Gillroy ran the Royal Parks Half Marathon in 1:51:36.
- Some additional Chicago Marathon results: Sam Renikoff ran 2:40:00, Ivan Medvedev ran 3:44:29, and Carla D’Aiello ran 3:56:16.
2019 Points Races
- TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Ted Corbitt/XC Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
- Real Estate: RoomUnity is a tech-enabled real estate company serving buyers, sellers, renters, working alongside investors. www.roomunity.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: