Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Races Nearing Capacity
If an upcoming race is nearing capacity and you want to do it, make sure to register! It’s almost impossible to get in once the race fills up.
- Fifth Avenue Mile (already full for some age groups): https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Harry Murphy XC 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- Dash to the Finish Line 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- NYC 60k: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
- For the Fifth Avenue Mile cheering station, see info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Fifth Avenue Mile, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are co-organizing a scavenger hunt with NBR on 9/22. Information is on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/
- Our Westchester chapter is doing a long run on Sunday, September 8 in Rockefeller State Park. Information here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Rich, Steve, Sam, Louis, and Aaron are raising money for various charities through their Chicago Marathon and are hosting a homebrew sampling this weekend. If you’d like to taste some beer and help raise money for some good causes, see information here: https://bit.ly/2k8GiX6
- Eric Passmore is hosting a trail run in CT. See information here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Russ is hosting an open house on September 18th. Stop by to discuss any injuries you might have and how Russ can mix acupuncture and PT to help: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you would like to join teammates at the NYCM Volunteer Station, see information here and make sure to register on NYRR: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’d like to cheer at the Bronx 10M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- And if you are doing the Bronx 10M, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
2019 Points Races
- New Balance Bronx 10 Mile (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- NYRR Staten Island Half (full): https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- TCS New York City Marathon (full): https://www.tcsnycmarathon.
- NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K: https://www.nyrr.org/races/
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets (only women’s sizes left!): http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
- Spring/Summer short distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYCM Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_NYC_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf\\
- Berlin Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Berlin_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Chicago_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
- Philadelphia Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2019/06/DWRT_ 2019_Philly_Advanced_ Intermediate.pdf
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask our new strength and mobility coach, Emmi Aguilldard, about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
We now have four chapters of the team! If you have friends in Boston, Westchester, or NJ, please send them the following links:
- Boston: https://www.meetup.com/
- NJ: https://www.meetup.com/
- Westchester: https://www.meetup.com/
DWRT’s 2019 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports Podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Therapeutic Sports Massage, Sarah Sanborn LMT: https://www.sarahsanborn.com/
- Banking: First Republic Bank https://www.firstrepublic.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on:
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/
- Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/
- DWRT Strava Group: https://www.strava.com/clubs/