Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Make sure to come to our Golden Hammer Party on January 12! https://www.meetup.com/
- There are a few spots left to our group volunteering tomorrow. Thanks to Sarah Tin for organizing! https://www.meetup.com/
- There is another group volunteering event coming up if you miss this one:https://www.meetup.com/
- We had a really good group for the armory track meet this week (see results below). There’s another NYRR meet on 1/10 and several others after that. Track is such a great change from the usual road running scene and a way to really highight the team aspect of running (we had 2 5x5x200 relays!). Here’s info: https://www.armorytrack.com/
gprofile.php?do=view_event& event_id=5319&mgroup_id=45586& year=2019
- RSVP for the meet here: https://www.meetup.com/
- There is also a great indoor track series at Ocean Breeze, which is another world class track facility in NYC. Check out info: https://oceanbreezenyc.org/
- Speaking of indoor track, thanks to Yoon, the team is having an indoor track workout at the Armory on January 17. It’s $20, but the team is subsidizing the first 20 registrants. There are a few spots remaining for this: https://www.meetup.com/
- Another track event! The 2019 Millrose Games are coming up on February 8. There might be a DWRT masters 4×400 team in it! Info on buying tickets: http://www.nyrrmillrosegames.
- The Joe Kleinerman 10k is nearing capacity: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- So is the Fred Lebow Half: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Many of the spring NYRR races are now open, including the first points race of the year – the Washington Heights 5k: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2019/nyrr- washington-heights-salsa- blues-and-shamrocks-5k and the Healthy Kidney 10k: https://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2019/uae-healthy- kidney-10k
- The coaches are uploading the 2019 Boston Marathon Plan on the Run Smart app. More plans to follow. RSVP here if you would like to have it uploaded to your account!https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any non-NYRR results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag and have the result in our database, make sure to fill out the results form here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The 2018 NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K was the last team-point race of 2018.
- Our women placed 4th thanks to Suzanne Leslie (59:19-3rd AG); Laura Gann (59:56-5th AG); Lauren Dorsky (1:02:17-6th AG); Barbara Mann (1:02:23-3rd AG) and Emmi Aguillard (1:02:38).
- Laureline Logiaco (1:03:41) placed 6th in her AG. Lauren Lopez (1:04:46) and Danielle Lipschutz (1:06:03) both placed 8th in their AG. Carol Stickler (1:08:51) and Laura Stephen (1:12:53) both placed 7th in their AG.
- The men placed 5th. They were led by Ryan Prout (50:15); Spencer Zidarich (51:02) and Jordan ODonoghue (51:22), who placed 3rd, 9th and 10th in their AG. They were followed by James Stucker (52:58) and Frederick Hines (54:08).
- Perry Anderson (56:39) placed 7th in his AG. Karlo Mendoza (54:10) and Frank Drury (1:04:03) both placed 8th in their AG. Hamish Alexander ran an eight-minute PR, finishing in 1:14:22.
- William Washer and Chris Forti represented us at the USATF National Club Cross Country Championships 10K, finishing in 37:11 and 39:01.
- At the NYRR Night at the Races, Spencer Zidarich (4:37), Ryan Prout (4:48), Fred Hines (4:49), Noel Slater (5:19), Chris Forti (5:27), Michael Cosentino (5:18), and Matt Lehman (5:35) ran in the men’s mile. Helene Svane won the women’s mile in 5:04!
- Helene Svane (2:21) and Laura Gann (2:21) were first and second in the women’s 800. Matthew Wong (2:09), Ryan Prout (2:13), Chris Coulston (2:14), Michael Cosentino (2:25), Matthew Lehman (2:33), and Noel Slater (2:41) ran the men’s 800.
- The 5x5x200 (5000 meter) relay of Matthew Wong, Laura Gann, Noel Slater, Ryan Prout, and Chris Coulston broke 13 minutes with a 12:58. The “Flying Dogs” relay of Michael Cosentino, Matthew Lehman, Helene Svane, Kate Gustafson, and a fifth person I can’t remember (sorry!) ran 14:02!
2019 Points Races
1. Washington Heights 5K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
2. UAE Healthy Kidney 10K: https://www.nyrr.org/races-
3. Popular Brooklyn Half
4. NYRR Queens 10K
5. Team Championships
6. New Balance Bronx 10 Mile
7. NYRR Staten Island Half
8. TCS New York City Marathon
9. NYRR Ted Corbitt 15K
All of our apparel is now at one spot at our sponsor, Finish Line Physical Therapy at 119 West 23rd Street, 3rd Floor.
To order gear:
- New Nike Singlets: https://www.meetup.com/
- New Balance Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Running caps: https://www.meetup.com/
- Jackets: https://www.meetup.com/
New training plans coming out in the next week!
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
Acupuncture Deal at Runner Clinic NYC
Wellness Partner Runner Clinic NYC and our teammate Russ Stram congratulate the team on its marathon results and offer the following through the end of the year: (1) Book two sessions for the price of one; or (2) Book one and get a gift session to give to a friend at no charge. Thanks, Russ! Details: http://www.runnerclinicnyc.
Run S.M.A.R.T. Program Roll-out
For information on the new Run S.M.A.R.T program the coaches are using, check out the presentation Megan put together here: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
After you sign up for the app, to get training plans pushed to you on the Run S.M.A.R.T. app, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
BOA Shorts Discount Code
If you want some cool running apparel, check out the 20% off code at this great shorts/running clothes maker: https://www.meetup.com/
Rabbit Apparel Discount Code
We have a new team discount code for Rabbit Apparel, which has some really nice looking shirts, singlets, and other running apparel. Here’s the site:https://www.runinrabbit.
DWRT’s 2018 Wellness Partners and Sponsors
For health and wellness needs, please consider our Wellness Partners. Thank you, Wellness Partners!
- Sports acupuncture: RunnerClinicNYC www.runnerclinic.com
- Physical therapy: Finish Line Physical Therapy www.finishlinept.com
- Physical Therapy: Sloane Stecker Physical Therapy http://sloanestecker.com/
- Sports podiatry: Lori Weisenfeld, DPM www.loriweisenfelddpm.com
- Sports massage: Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy www.bodybalancenyc.com
Thank you also to our friends at DermalMedix, Amity Hall, and Running Warehouse!
Follow us on: