Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
Hurricane Harvey Fundraising
Thanks for giving to our Crowdrise for hurricane relief. The team gave over $1,400 we raised from members to the American Red Cross last week, including $250 from the team.
- If you got into the Boston Marathon, RSVP here. https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 243423316/ Also, let me know if you want to be added to the Boston Marathon Facebook group that Garrett started!
- The post-Bronx 10 mile brunch info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Also, the Staten Island Half is nearing capacity! http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- We are doing another nutrition clinic on September 18: https://www.meetup.com/
- The metric marathon is on 9/30. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The post metric marathon brunch info is here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Buy our new tech shirts! https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 242176295/. Reminder that these are at Finish Line PT and the rest of our apparel is at Custom Performance.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We had some strong performances at the 2017 New Balance 5th Avenue Mile! The men placed 4th. They were led by Keaton Naff (4:21) and followed by Maclean O’Donnell (4:26); Justin Scheid (4;27); Specer Duhaime (4:32) and David Roeske (4:36-5thAG). Matthew Wong (4:40) placed 6th in his AG.
- Our women placed 3rd thanks to Jessy Scarpone (5:07); Alaina Miller (5:10-9th AG); Laura Gann (5:10); Grace Bowen (5:12) and Molly Wawrzyniak (5:18). Barbara Mann (5:33) and Mary Haskins (6:58) placed 9th and 10th in their AG.
- Two Whippets qualified for Boston 2018 this past weekend! Matan Korrub ran a huge PR of 3:05:57 at the Last Chance BQ.2 Chicagoland Marathon in Geneva, IL, and Leah Robbins qualified with a 3:28:31 at the Leigh Valley Marathon!
Injury Questions for Finish Line Physical Therapy
Have an ache or pain? Ask a physical therapy professional about it here to receive advice ASAP! http://bit.ly/DWRTinjuryq
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
2017 Points Races
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Team tech shirts are here, only $20, and available at Finish Line PT. Singlets and long sleeved shirts are $20. Jackets are $80 (note: these are available at Custom Performance). To order gear:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- New tech T-shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sugoi track jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Wool hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Bronx 10M/SI Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/