Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
Several races are nearing capacity:
- Bronx 10M is nearing capacity! Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The Henry Isola XC 4M http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The 18 mile Marathon Tune-Up: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Buy our new tech shirts! https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 242176295/. Reminder that these are at Finish Line PT and the rest of our apparel is at Custom Performance.
- We should get a replenishment of singlets in soon for sizes that we’ve been out of! Stay tuned!
- If you’ve run any non-NYRR races recently, fill in your result here (no need for NYRR races!): http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If you’re doing the Brooklyn Mile, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed THIRD at the 2017 NYRR Team Championships! Jessy Scarpone, who placed 7th in her AG, was our first woman and finished in 29:56. Elizabeth Laseter (30:30) placed 8th in her AG. Kendall Lyons (30:30) and Brigette Kolson (30:52) both placed 9th in their AG. Carly Graham (31:07) as our fifth woman and she was followed by Lauren Dorsky (31:11-2nd AG); Chandler Rainey (31:13-10th AG); Emmi Aguillard (31:20); Kathleen Servidea (31:30-1st AG) and Meghan Bongartz (31:51).
- Megan Keane (33:18) and Kelsey Amarosa (33:38) placed 7th and 8th in their AG. Laura Gann (33:54) and Carol Stickler (35:06) placed 10th and 5th in their AG. Patricia Choux (36:09) and Laura Stephen (36:54) both placed 9th in their AG. Christine Peddy (33:52) placed 10th in her AG.
- Our men took FOURTH place! Keaton Naff placed 5th in his AG, finishing in 26:11. He was followed by Luke Baltrusch (26:16); Maclean O’donnell (26:32-9th AG); Ned Cunningham (26:40); Cory Helder (26:58); James Stucker (27:13); Spencer Duhaime (27:39); David Roeske (27:13-9th AG); Karlo Mendoza (27:51-1st AG) and Spencer Zidarich (27:51).
- Michael Fosco (28:30) and Jonathan Kline (29:15) placed 9th and 1st in their AG.
2017 Points Races
- Percy sutton (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are $80. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Short Sleeved Shirts: https://www.meetup.com/
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Bronx 10M/SI Half Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/