Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Make sure to register for Team Championships if you haven’t done so yet! Here’s the link for the women’s race: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m and for men: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m
- We are having light post-race snacks and then going to brunch! RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The Bronx 10M is nearing capacity! Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The two points races after Team Champs are the Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/percy-sutton- harlem-5k-run and the Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/new-balance-5th- avenue-mile
- If you’ve run any non-NYRR races recently, fill in your result here (no need for NYRR races!): http://www.dashingwhippets.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the Tuesday Night Speed Series on July 11, Linh Le ran 1:15 in the 400m. Meghan Bongartz, Matthew Wong and Terrence McGovern represented us in the 800m. Meghan placed 7th for the women, finishing in 2:38. Matthew (9th OA) and Terrence finished in 2:13 and 2:15.
- At the Al Goldstein 5k #5, Eric Morley (17:11) placed 2nd OA and Virna Di Palma finished in 20:51.
- Stephen Kress (17:03) placed 1st OA at the Brooklyn Cyclones Take Your Base 5K.
- Jens Kanther ran the Tracktown Summer Series 5K in 19:13.
2017 Points Races
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are $80. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2017/06/dwrt_ trainingplan_summer2017_ shortdistance.pdf
- Chicago Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/