Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Custom Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, HomeAdvisor.com, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Jackets have been reduced to $80 from $110. We have some women’s sizes left. You can purchase here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Space at our nutrition seminar is full, but there’s a waiting list! RSVP if you want to come. And if you are a yes and can’t make it, please change your RSVP to no so others can come! https://www.meetup.com/
- Strava is doing a 1 mile race at Icahn this week. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you haven’t run a NYRR race under the team name since Team Champs last year, make sure to run one the July 5ks or you won’t be eligible to race Team Champs this year! Here are the links. Central Park: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-r-u-n-5k; Prospect Park: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-brooklyn-r-u- n-5k
- Make sure to sign up for the upcoming points races (see below for links)!
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to fill out the results form below.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The NYRR Queens 10K, a team-point race, took place last Saturday. Our women placed 4th thanks to Jessica Chichester (37:46-4th AG); Carly Graham (38:40-9th AG); Chandler Self (38:54-8th AG); Emmi Aguillard (39:08) and Brigette Kolson (39:37-9th AG). Ann Restak (41:30) placed 10th in her AG.
- Our men placed 4th as well. Justin Scheid (31:51) placed 10th OA. He was followed by James Stucker (33:21); Spencer Zidarich (34:54); Ned Cunningham (35:06) and Zach Custer (35:16). Michael Fosco (36:28); Matthew Wong (36:49) and Jonathan Kline (36:50) placed 5th, 8thand 1st in their AG. Michael Esposito (37:58) and Frank Drury (41:01) placed 6th and 9th in their AG. Congrats on their PRs to Nick Grinlinton (35:18) and Heather Weneck (48:54)!
- Yuliya Shyrokonis (1:35:38) was the first woman OA at the Brooklynite Half Marathon.
- Terrence McGovern ran a 05:05 at the Harlem 1-Miler, placing 9th OA and 5th in his AG.
2017 Points Races
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are $80, down from $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Summer shorter distance plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
content/uploads/2017/06/dwrt_ trainingplan_summer2017_ shortdistance.pdf
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan coming soon!
- Fall Marathon plans coming soon!
NYC Marathon Charities
Even though the NYC Marathon is currently full, there are several charity partners. You can see the full list here: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.
And here’s one interesting option if you’re interested:
- A number of NYCM charity spots are available to teammates from AKTIV Against Cancer, a non-profit co-founded by 9-time NYCM champion Grete Waitz, which benefits the AKTIVAgainst Cancer Exercise Oncology Center at Memorial Sloan-Kettering. The fundraising commitment is $3,000. Contact Ali Meisel for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Finish Line Physical Therapy, Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, Custom Performance , RunnerClinic NYC, SDL Sports & Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
If you shop for running gear at http://www.runningwarehouse.
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/