Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Finish Line PT, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- We are doing a Brooklyn Half strategy session on May 3: https://www.meetup.com/
- And we are doing a preview of the Brooklyn Half Marathon course on Saturday, May, 13 at 9:00 am instead of the usual 8:30 and meeting outside the Brooklyn Museum: https://www.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Running Company is doing a race over the Williamsburg Bridge on May 5. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are doing the Broad Street Run, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- NYRR summer races are now open. See them here: http://www.nyrr.org
- We are doing our annual team meeting on May 10: https://www.meetup.com/
- And the downtown run on 5/15 is to celebrate Rich and Heather’s engagement: https://www.meetup.com/
Results (through last weekend)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 8th at the BAA Boston Marathon 2017! Our top finishers were Jessica Chichester (3:04:01); Samantha Creath (3:06:18); Emmi Aguillard (3:11:53); Bianca Jakson (3:20:30) and Cara Rabin (3:20:59).
- Congrats to Jordan Rose, who was our first man and ran a PR of 2:42:58! Laura Huselton, from our Boston chapter, ran an amazing PR of 3:03:07. Many others ran great races in the warm weather. Please check our results database in the next few days to see all of the Boston Marathon results!
- Our women placed 2nd at the 2017 Run as One (4M). Kathleen Servidea (24:58) placed 9th OA for the women. She was followed by Barbara Mann (25:29 -2nd AG); Lauren Lopez (27:06-9th AG); Juliana Ross (27:28 -5th AG) and Cheryl Goldwasser (27:30). Meghan Gutenkust (28:02) and Katie Haddock (30:53) both placed 7th in their AG. Michael Esposito (23:09) and Stephan Brohme (25:48) placed 5th and 9th in their AG.
2017 Points Races
- Brooklyn half (Full)
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5): http://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m and http://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2017/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m
- Percy sutton (August 26): http://www.nyrr.org/races-
- 5th Ave mile (September 10): http://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Bronx 10m (September 24): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
You can pick all apparel up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center. See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Shorter distance plan coming soon!
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Finish Line PT, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Custom PT & Performance Recovery Boots
Custom PT is offering free recovery boot sessions for the team! This is a really cool offer. Please call or email them in advance to schedule. Here is their site for all the contact info: http://www.nycustompt.com
Ragnar Discount: $150 off.
Ragnar fans! $150 off! If you’re interested in these four Ragnars, the team has a discount code worth $150 off your team registration. Eligible Ragnars: Pennsylvania (June 2), Reach the Beach (Sept. 15), Adirondacks (Sept. 22), and Wawayanda (Oct. 12).
Info and our code:
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/