Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Finish Line PT, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Our track meet is on April 22! See all the information here: http://trackmeet.
- And register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
- We would love some help with our track meet. RSVP here to volunteer: https://www.meetup.com/
- We have a bunch of prizes for event winners and prizes to raffle away!
- If you want to go up to Boston to cheer for the marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are running or cheering at the Boston Marathon, come to the post race party: https://www.meetup.com/
- Join the Boston chapter for a shakeout run on Sunday: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the BAA 5k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the Healthy Kidney, come to the post race party! https://www.meetup.com/
- If you want to cheer at the 10k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the NJ Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re doing the Providence Marathon, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Sugarloaf Marathon here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Ottawa Marathon here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing a Brooklyn Half strategy session on May 3: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing our annual team meeting on May 10: https://www.meetup.com/
- Ragnar is paying for some beer and doing some giveaways on 4/24 during our Monday run. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Andrey is looking for some teammates for the SBRC Warrios Relay Race. Email him here AKirichenko087@gmail.com and RSVP here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed first at the NYRR 2017 Boomer’s Cystic Fibrosis Run to Breathe (4M) Barbara Mann (25:41) was the first woman OA. Elizabeth Maiuolo (28:04) and Patricia Choux (28:31) placed 3rd and 2nd in their AG. They were followed by Kaela Mahon (29:00) and Elena Varas Saiz (29:47). Katie Haddock (31:03) placed 6th in her AG.
- The man placed second thanks to Bobby Liu (23:47– 3rd AG); Stephen Seeler (24:04-7th AG); Andrew Leibowitz (24:19-9th AG); Frank Drury (25:01-2nd AG) and Manus O’Callaghan (26:16). Bill Harris (26:34) placed 8th in his AG.
- Caitleen Kahn was the 4th woman OA (2nd AG) at 22nd Annual Donor Dash 10K, finishing in 40:26.
- Cheryl Goldwasser and Steve Lee represented us at the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in DC, finishing in 1:12:13 and 1:22:40.
2017 Points Races
- Healthy Kidney10K (Full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn half (Full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10k (Full)
- Team champs (August 5)
- Percy sutton (August 26)
- 5th Ave mile (September 10)
- Bronx 10m (September 24): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island half (October 8): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (Full):
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center.
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Hats: https://www.meetup.com/
- Gloves: https://www.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Washington Heights 5k and Healthy Kidney 10k Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Brooklyn Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
Ragnar Discount: $150 off.
Ragnar fans! $150 off! If you’re interested in these four Ragnars, the team has a discount code worth $150 off your team registration. Eligible Ragnars: Pennsylvania (June 2), Reach the Beach (Sept. 15), Adirondacks (Sept. 22), and Wawayanda (Oct. 12).
Info and our code:
Follow us on:
Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/