Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- The Queens 10k is nearing capacity. This is the fourth points race of the year and on June 17. Sign up here:http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-five-borough- series-queens-10k. The price increases on February 16
- Message from Kevin about the post-Al Gordon plans: ATTN BRUNCH PEOPLE: We’re going to Cafe Forte in Crown Heights for post-race brunch. It opens at 9am and we’ve reserved seats for the team. Just say you’re with the Dashing Whippets when you get there. It’s 1.5 miles away from the finish on St. John’s Pl & Franklin Ave. Here’s how you get to it: https://goo.gl/maps/
- If you would like to cheer at the Washington Heights 5k, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP for the race here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Come to the post race pints event after the race: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you are interested in a Boston Marathon preview run, check out info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Our track meet is on April 22! See all the information and register here: http://trackmeet.
- We’d love to have a few more volunteers at the NYC Half at the water table. It’s always a good time. You have to register by 2/28. Do so here: https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/
- RSVP if you are volunteering here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are doing an NYC Half info session. Info here: https://www.meetup.com/
- The NYRR 10k is (second points race of the year) is now open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- A new order of singlets has been ordered and should arrive soon (finally)! We also have some winter hats and gloves coming.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the PPTC Cherry Tree 10 Miler & Relay in Prospect Park, both Francesca DeLucia (1:05:06) and Kim Martineau (1:11:44) placed 1st in their AG. Sarah Tobin (1:20:17) and Michael Fosco (1:02:57) placed 2nd and 3rd in their AG. Stephen Dennison finished in 1:07:30.
- Jacquii Alexander placed 7th OA for the wome at the Dirty Feet 5K snowshoe race in Big White (BC, Canada).
2017 Points Races
- Washington Heights 5k (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- NYRR 10K (April 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn half (full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10k (June 17 – nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team champs (August 5)
- Percy sutton (August 26)
- 5th Ave mile (September 10)
- Bronx 10m (September 24)
- Staten Island half (October 8)
- NYC Marathon (November 5): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Washington Heights 5k and Healthy Kidney 10k Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
Team members may have noted extensive news coverage this week mentioning an athlete whose membership was terminated due to a code of conduct violation. The Board stands by our decision: central to our team values are fair play and sportsmanship, and we have a zero tolerance policy for cheating.
The news has attracted the attention of bloggers and commenters; regrettably, many commenters have made remarks on public forums that border on cruelty and cyberbullying. The DWRT Board states unequivocally that such harassment and bullying is wrong, hurtful, and has no place in civil commentary. The Dashing Whippets firmly believe, as our code of conduct states, that all persons, athletes and competitors are to be treated with the utmost respect and dignity, as individuals and athletes. If you have any questions or concerns, please do reach out to any of the Board members.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.