Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2017 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Dermalmedix, and Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Our track meet is on April 22! See all the information and register here: http://trackmeet.
- The NYC Marathon is open until 2/17: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
- The Queens 10k is the fourth points race of the year on June 17. Sign up here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-five-borough- series-queens-10k. The price increases on February 16
- The NYRR 10k is (second points race of the year) is now open: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- A new order of singlets has been ordered and should arrive soon (finally)! We also have some winter hats and gloves coming.
- NYRR Club Night is coming up and we’re going to win a ton of awards. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
dashing-whippets/events/ 237589021/ and purchase tickets here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2017/nyrr-club-night
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR Gridiron 4M, both our women and our men took third place!
- The women were led by Barbara Mann (25:47-4th AG) and followed by Kristen Anderson (26:42-7th AG); Courtney Reidy (27:10-10th AG); Lauren Lopez (27:16) and Genevieve Coffey (27:25). Elizabeth Maiuolo (28:51) placed 8th in her AG.
- Justin Scheid placed 2nd OA and 1st in his AG, finishing in 20:29. He was followed by Jordan Rose (21:40-3rd AG); Ryan Hepworth (22:40-6th AG); Michael Fosco (23:07-3rd AG) and Eric Buscarino (23:22).
- We had a few Whippets representing us at the Mile Mania Gran Prix #3 in Staten Island. Juliana Ross ran a 5:52 for the 1M and a 13:18 for the 2M. Lan Nguyen ran a 3:18 for the 800m; a 6:48 for the 1M and a 14:40 for the 2M. Chris Forti finished the 1M 5:19 in and the 2M in 11:50. Bobby Judge ran a 2:32 for the 800m; a 5:30 for the 1M and a 12:20 for the 2M.
2017 Points Races
- Washington Heights 5k (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2017/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- NYRR 10K (April 9): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn half (full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Queens 10k (June 17): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Team champs (August 5)
- Percy sutton (August 26)
- 5th Ave mile (September 10)
- Bronx 10m (September 24)
- Staten Island half (October 8)
- NYC Marathon (November 5): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
- Ted Corbitt (December 9)
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Boston Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- Washington Heights 5k and Healthy Kidney 10k Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Half Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
- NJ Marathon Plan: http://dwrt.wpengine.com/wp-
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners: Dr. Lori Weisenfeld, DPM, Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., Body Balance Massage Therapy NYC, RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.