Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, and Fitletic, Inc..
Deals from our partners:
- Russ is continuing his special rate of $60 for acupuncture for members at RunnerClinicNYC through the end of 2016. Email him at Russ@runnerclinic.com to make an appointment.
- Body Balance NYC is offering a special for members only through December 20 as well. See their site for details:http://bodybalancenyc.com/
- Dr. Levine is offering 15% off ART. See here for info and to make an appointment: http://www.drstevendlevine.
- Our annual party is on January 28, 2017! See info and RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- There’s a special holiday windows run tomorrow morning: https://www.meetup.com/
- If you’re running Ted Corbitt, RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP for the Ted Corbitt cheer station here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Sarah organized a volunteer opportunity with Girls on the Run on December 11: https://www.meetup.com/
- The first NYRR Night at the Races is on 12/15 at the Armory. Info here: http://www.armorytrack.com/
gprofile.php?do=view_event& event_id=10544&mgroup_id= 45586&year=2016 and RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 235694940/
- We are doing a run to view the Christmas lights in Dyker Heights on December 18. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We traditionally run from Prospect Park to Coney Island for the Polar Bear Plunge on January 1. RSVP here:https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the 2016 Race to Deliver 4M, our women placed 2nd. Brigette Kolson (24:49) placed 1st in her AG and 5th OA for the women. She was followed by Kathleen Servidea (26:02), who placed 4th in her AG. Emma Skygebjerg (27:12) and Lauren Lopez (27:50) both placed 6th in their AG. Caitlin Williamson (27:15) and Christine Peddy (28:58) placed 3rdin their AG. Maria Vlassenko (28:15) placed 4th in her AG. Paula Scaminaci (30:24) placed 5th in her AG.
- Ryan Hepworth (23:12) placed 10th OA, 9th for the men and 3rd in his AG. Stephan Brohme (26:05); Michael Miller (26:07) and Neil Carragher (26:54) placed 6th, 7th and 9th in their AG.
- Meanwhile in the Bronx, our men took 3rd place at the NYRR Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships. Arjun Pundarika (18:12) and Matthew Wong (18:42) both placed 4th in their AG. Lenny Shulgin (19:02) and Chris Forti (19:13) placed 10th and 6th in their AG. Meghan Bongartz (23:01); Sarah Zaorowski (27:21) and Kelsey Butler (29:00) placed 5th, 3rd and 8th in their AG.
- Hammers were dropped left and right during the 2016 Philadelphia Marathon! Congrats to Skyler Mosenthal (2:53:47); Ethan Rouen (2:57:41); Kim Martineau (3:09:47); Stephen Seeler (3:14:42); David Valentino (3:15:46); Daniel Deluna (3:24:04) Naomi Keena (3:33:16, her first BQ!) and Kinna Harland (3:57:21)! Matan Korrub and Kirby Mosenthal represented us in the half marathon, finishing in 1:25:37 and 1:31:27.
- Kaccie Li destroyed the Revel Canyon City Marathon, finishing in 3:12:42.
- At the NYCRUNS Falling Leaves Half Marathon, Stephen Dennison placed 7th in his AG and 11th OA, finishing in 1:24:11.
- Michelle Lin finished the Black Rock Trail Race (12KM) in 1:05:55, placing 3rd OA for the women.
TURKEY TROT 2016 — WHIPPETS EDITION!
- Many Whippets represented us at the Prospect Park Track Club Turkey Trot 5M! Rich Hsieh and Heather Weneck finished together 40:16! Andrey Kirichenko ran a PR of 32:12. Frederick Hines finished in 32:22. Nick Grinlinton (28:14) placed 3rd in his AG and 6th OA. Katherine Yang and Sarah Tin finished in 41:41 and 42:47.
- Francesca DeLucia placed 5th OA for the women and 1st in her AG at the Troy Turkey Trot (10K), finishing in 38:18.
- At the Sparta SEC Turkey Trot 5K, William Washer (16:53) placed 4th OA.
- Dylan McMahon placed 6th OA at the Montgomery County Family YMCA Turkey Trot 5M, finishing in 35:45.
- Lauren Lopez finished the Mortiz Fort Worth Turkey Trot (10K) in 44:12.
- Kirby Mosenthal (19:04) placed 2nd in her AG at the New Ro Turkey Trot (5K).
- Emmi Aguillard (30:28) placed 5th OA at the New Orleans 109th Annual Turkey Day Race (5M).
- Jaime Chien finished the NYC Turkey Trot (5K) in 27:03.
- Cheryl Goldwasser (35:28) placed 1st in her AG and was the 7th woman OA at the Born to run 5 miler.
- Jordan Rose (22:13) was the 10th man OA at the Somerville Gobble Gobble Gobble 4M.
- Sky Canaves (32:23) placed 1st in her AG at the ThunderCould Subs Turkey Trot 5M.
- William Griffith finished the Rockland Road Runners Turkey Trot (5M) in 32:55.
- Jenna Moulton (30:51) placed 1st in her AG at the Drumstick Dash (4.65M).
- Caitleen Kahn (19:55) was the 3rd woman OA at the Milwaukee Turkey Trot.
- Ned Cunningham (27:30) placed 3rd OA at the Face to Face 24th Annual Turkey Trot (5M).
- Spencer Zidarich finished the Bonfield Express 5K in 16:53.
- Caitlin Jones (24:13) was the 6th woman OA at the 67th Annual Lou Marli Turkey Trot 5K.
- On Thanksgiving day, Rick Thiounn ran two back-to-back races! He placed 1st in his AG and 9th OA at the Plymouth Thanksgiving 5 Miler (32:55) and 3rd in his AG and 11th OA at the Plymouth Thanksgiving Day Races – 5K (21:01).
- Ted Corbitt 15k (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Fall Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Spring marathon, NYC Half, and short distance plans coming soon!
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, and RunnerClinic NYC.