Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- If you’ve run a turkey trot or recent non-NYRR race, make sure to enter your result here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Congratulations to Soledad Lopez, who won the Achilles International Erica Sanborn Award for Outstanding NYC Chapter Volunteer!
- Ted Corbitt is nearing capacity. This is the last points race of the year. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- RSVP for the cheer station here: https://www.meetup.com/
- We are organizing gift wrapping for the needy on December 5. RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
- Sarah organized a volunteer opportunity with Girls on the Run on December 11: https://www.meetup.com/
- The first NYRR Night at the Races is on 12/15 at the Armory. Info here: http://www.armorytrack.com/
gprofile.php?do=view_event& event_id=10544&mgroup_id= 45586&year=2016 and RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/ dashing-whippets/events/ 235694940/
- Meredith and Leah are still doing a Wednesday evening yoga class every week at Runner Clinic NYC. Information here:https://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Ted Corbitt 15k (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Fall Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Spring marathon, NYC Half, and short distance plans coming soon!
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.