Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- If you are doing the Staten Island Half, NYRR recommends getting on the 7 am ferry!
- Fill out the pace form here: https://goo.gl/forms/
- The post race party info is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you run times faster than these, let me know and we’ll get you into the local competitive corral for the marathon if you are doing it! http://rocklandroadrunners.
org/2015/07/2015-tcs-nyc- marathon-local-competitive- start/
- If you’re doing the Chicago Marathon and want to meet up with the team to pick up bibs and do a pre-race shakeout run, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And a pre-race dinner: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- FRNY’s Blue Line Run (last 20 miles of the marathon is on 10/16: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- To help FRNY out with the run, volunteer here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the Marine Corps Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the NYC Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The NYC Marathon cheer station is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Check out info for the USATF NY XC Championships here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And the NYRR XC Champs is here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you are doing the Philly Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are currently out of men’s medium and large singlets. We’re working on getting more.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Our women placed 1st at the 2016 Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Fred’s Team Presents Grete’s Great Gallop (13.1M). Franny Vignola, who placed 5th in her AG, finished in a PR-time of 1:32:50. She was followed by Emma Skygebjerg (1:35:19-2nd AG); Nikki Amico (1:36:07-1st AG); Elizabeth Maiuolo (1:41:12-5th AG) and MartinaDi Marco (1:41:29).
- Our men placed 3rd. David Roeske, who placed 3rd in his AG, finished in 1:15:26. He was followed by Hiroyuki Tamura (1:25:30-7th AG); Jordan Rose (1:28:44); Jeremy Cahill (1:29:04) and Trevor Bynoe (1:29:59). Young Cho ran a PR of1:34:16.
- At the 2016 NYRR Harry Murphy Cross Country 5K, Matt Morris (19:37) and Matthew Williams (24:42) placed 4thand 9th in their AG. Sarah Zaborowski (27:42) placed 4th in her AG.
- At the Jersey Shore Half Marathon, Keith Slyman placed 2nd in his AG, finishing in 1:33:20.
- Richard Hsieh placed 4th OA at the Pacific Summit 10K. He finished the trail race in 53:36.
- Stephen Gnoza finished the Wineglass Marathon in 3:18:35.
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. You can pick them all up at NY Custom PT and Performance Center
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Bronx 10M/Staten Island Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Ted Corbitt/XC Fall Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is on October 5 at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.