Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Partners for their generous support: NY Custom PT & Performance, Upper East Orthopaedics PC, RunnerClinicNYC, Body Balance Integrated Massage Therapy, SDL Performance Chiropractic, Bauer Dental Arts, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- Cheer on your teammates at the Bronx 10M here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- David Roeske is going to do a presentation of his trip to Everest. Check out details here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing the metric marathon on 10/1. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The next adidas run is on 10/5. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- FRNY’s Blue Line Run (last 20 miles of the marathon is on 10/16: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the NYRR TCS New York City Marathon Tune-Up (18M), Stephen Kress (1:50:53) placed 2nd OA. Spencer Duhaime (1:59:01) and Paul Warthen (2:01:27) both placed 3rd in their AG. Ethan Rouen (2:05:38) and David Goldfarb (2:05:19) placed 5th and 9th in their AG. Thank to these performances, our Men Team placed 2nd!
- On the women side, Maggie Mocete (2:23:51) and Kim Martineau (2:18:30) both placed 4th in their AG. Frances Vignola (2:16:28) was 5th in her AG.
- Our women placed 2nd at the 2016 Kurt Steiner Cross Country 5K! Elizabeth Laseter (19:17) and Megan Lessard (20:20) placed 2nd and 3rd OA for the women. Alaina Miller (21:05) and Jenna Moulton (22:03) came in 6th and 7th for the women. Sarah Zaborowski (26:54) placed 5th in her AG.
- William Washer placed 2nd OA at the Run the Reservoir Half, finishing in 1:13:12.
- Jordan Rose WON the Omaha Half Marathon, finishing in 1:17:36.
- Stephen Dennison (1:25:13) and Elizabeth Maiuolo (1:37:49) represented us at the Newport Liberty Half Marathon, placing 7th and 5th in their AG.
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110.
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Bronx 10M/Staten Island Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is on October 5 at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.