Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- Make sure to register for our 5k on August 13 here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/dwrt5k/. Preregistration closes at noon on Friday, so sign up before then to save $5!
- And RSVP to help make the race a success by volunteering here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you have run under a 1:21/2:53 (for men under 35) or under 1:32/3:13 (for women under 35), then you’ve qualified for the local competitive corral for the NYC Marathon. The qualifying times increase by about 2 minutes for every 5 years of age. Email me if I haven’t sent you the link to the form for that yet!
- The social committee has planned an Olympic marathon viewing party this weekend: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Staten Island Half is now nearing capacity. We are in some tight races in the NYRR points series, so please register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Also make sure to sign up for Percy Sutton, which is also a points race: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The last team points race, the Ted Corbitt 15k is now open. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- At the Borough President’s 5K Trail Run in Staten Island last Saturday, our women took first place. Jessica Chichester (19:59) was the first female OA. Chandler Rainey followed right after, finishing in 20:18 and placing 2nd OA for the women. Helene Hetrick, Megan Jones and Martina Di Marco all placed in their AG.
- On the men side, Arjun Pundareka (19:02) and Chris Forti (19:14) finished 2nd and 3rd OA and Dennis Ryan placed 1st in his AG.
- At the PPTC Al Goldstein Speed Series 5K #6 last Wednesday, Lisa Alfrey (22:44) placed 2nd in her AG.
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110.
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
1454408/2016%20Fifth%20Avenue% 20Mile%20Plan.xlsx%20-%202016% 20Fifth%20Avenue%20Mile.pdf
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is in September at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.