Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- The Staten Island Half is now nearing capacity. We are in some tight races in the NYRR points series, so please register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Also make sure to sign up for Percy Sutton, which is also a points race: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The last team points race, the Ted Corbitt 15k is now open. Register here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Our next Adidas run is next weekend. Info is here! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We have a summer destination run tomorrow. Check out information here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We had a great team meeting on Wednesday. If you missed it, please let us know if you want any information.
- One item we announced at the team meeting is the 2016 DWRT Performance Team. Because the team asks our fastest runners to run a lot of NYRR points races that they otherwise may not run, the board has funded the performance team. We’ve established some time standards that we are going to attempt to adhere to going forward and started the team earlier this year with people who we expect to score for the team in races based on past performances. Please see here for information and let us know if you have questions. http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Make sure to register for our 5k on August 13 here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- And RSVP to help make the race a success by volunteering here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- A Breathtaking Tour of Running in the Kenyan Rift Valley: http://www.theatlantic.com/
video/index/493904/a- breathtaking-tour-of-running- in-the-kenyan-rift-valley/
- Info on our results database: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- Our women placed 4th thanks to Jane Seo (30:53-7th AG); Jennie Cohen (31:16-9thAG); Brigette Kolson (31:18-10th AG); Chandler Rainey (31:44); Francesca DeLucia (31:48); Kim Martineau (32:33-3rd AG); Kaitlin Snapp (32:39-7th AG); Emmi Aguillard (33:08-9th AG); Jesse Baldwin-Philippi (33:38) and Anastasia Voevodin (33:54-10th AG).
- Our men placed 6th thanks to MacLean O’Donnell (27:17); Ned Cunningham (27:33); Skyler Mosenthal (28:20); Spencer Zidarich (28:57); David Roeske (29:00-6th AG); Troy Squire (29:02); Philip Young (29:13); Lenny Shulgin (29:23); Okke Rutte (29:24) and Fred Hines (29:27-10th AG).
- Our Master’s Women placed 5th. They were led by Kim Martineau (32:33-3rd AG) and followed by Patricia Choux (35:50-8th AG) and Patricia Tirona (36:44).
- Our Master’s Men placed 3rd thanks to Jonathan Kline (29:40-1st AG); Seoung Hoon Kang (30:28-5th) and Frank Drury (32:21-5th AG).
- Matan Korrub finished the San Francisco Half Marathon in a PR time of 1:26:32.
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110.
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
1454408/2016%20Fifth%20Avenue% 20Mile%20Plan.xlsx%20-%202016% 20Fifth%20Avenue%20Mile.pdf
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run 6:30 pm, August 10.
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is Wednesday, August 10, at 6:30 pm at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.