Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- Team Championships for men and women will fill very soon! Register soon here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m and here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2016/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m
- We are doing a race picnic and will be purchasing some food. Please bring stuff to eat though! Details here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are going to do a scavenger hunt on July 24 in Prospect Park. We will send a link to a map of 10-15 landmarks in Prospect Park and whichever team finds them first wins a round of drinks at brunch afterward. http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing our annual team meeting on August 3. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Make sure to register for our 5k on August 13 here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- At the 2016 Boomer’s Cystic Fibrosis Run to Breathe 4M last Saturday, Jessica Chichester finished in a time of 24:22, which allowed her to place third overall for the women. Jane Cullis (24:59-2nd AG); Nikki Salenetri (26:46-4th AG); Anastasia Voevodin (26:53-2nd AG) and Leah Robbins (28:06-7th AG) helped the women team to place first. Gabi Light (29:07) and Caroline Wharton (32:02) placed 7th and 10th in their AG. The men team placed 3d thanks to Okke Rutte (22:49-2nd AG); Thomas Garvey (23:30-4th AG); Ryan Geelan (24:54-7th AF); Justin Anderson (24:57) and Manus O’Callaghan (25:12).
- At the NYRR Flushing Meadows Summer Classic last Sunday, Elizabeth Laseter (18:09-1st AG) and Kaitlin Snapp (19:28-1st AG) placed 2nd and 3rd overall for the women! Our men placed 2nd. They were led by Terrence McGovern (18:00), who placed 1st in his AG ; Matthew Wong (18:01-2nd AG); Arjun Pundarika (18:16-5th AG); Gerardo Javier (20:28-9th AG) and Jeremy Cahill (20:33).
- Francesca DeLucia placed 2nd overall for the women at the Teterboro 5K on July 16, finishing in a time of 19:08.
- Lara Kail placed 9th in her AG at the Party With Purpose 5K on July 12, finishing in a time of 22:33.
- Mark Degenhart won the July 6th Al Goldstein 5k in 16:25 and Kim Velsey was the 2nd woman! Also placing in the top 16 were Eric Morley, Zach Schtogren, and Terry McGovern.
- Men’s Team Champs (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
We have reduced the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
1454408/2016%20Fifth%20Avenue% 20Mile%20Plan.xlsx%20-%202016% 20Fifth%20Avenue%20Mile.pdf
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run 6:30 pm, August 10.
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is Wednesday, August 10, at 6:30 pm at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.