Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- Team Championships for men and women are nearing capacity! Register soon here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m and here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2016/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m
- Post race picnic details here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are going to do a scavenger hunt on July 24. No Pokemon involved! Basically, we will send a link to a map of 10-15 landmarks in Prospect Park and whichever team finds them first wins a round of drinks at brunch afterward. This will be a great way to meet people on the team, get a nice, easy run in, and get to know some of the trails in Prospect Park. http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are doing our annual team meeting on August 3. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We have a discount code for the Wawayanda Lake Ragnar (http://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2016/ragnar-trail- wawayanda-lake). Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing- whippets/messages/boards/ thread/49963221/
- Make sure to register for our 5k on August 13 here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Men’s Team Champs (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (closed): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
1454408/2016%20Fifth%20Avenue% 20Mile%20Plan.xlsx%20-%202016% 20Fifth%20Avenue%20Mile.pdf
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run 6:30 pm, August 10.
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is Wednesday, August 10, at 6:30 pm at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.