Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- Make sure to check out our Adidas run tomorrow (at the Adidas store!). Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We’ve added some pacers to our Wednesday morning runs. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We’ll be doing a run at Van Cortlandt Park this Sunday. RSVP here and post the pace you would want to do for an 8 or 9 mile run on trails: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Team Championships for men and women are nearing capacity! Register soon here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-team- championships-women-5m and here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2016/nyrr-team- championships-men-5m
- Make sure to check out our full team results page. This is a full database of every result we know about from every member of the team. The group of Brian Donaghy, Young Cho, Tom Flanagan, Andrew Hadro, and Terry McGovern have worked for countless hours on it and it’s really an amazing product (I think the best results database any club our size has). They recently linked each person with their Stravapage (if you are a member of the club on Strava). Also, when you enter your non-NYRR result (link on the page), it automatically gets forwarded to Martina so she knows to include it in the results writeup! http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Thanks to Steve Crnic, who gave the great presentation on nutrition last week. If you’re interested in learning more about nutrition or getting a consultation from him as a nutrition coach, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a discount code for the Wawayanda Lake Ragnar (http://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2016/ragnar-trail- wawayanda-lake). Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing- whippets/messages/boards/ thread/49963221/
- Make sure to register for our 5k on August 13 here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We are going to do a scavenger hunt on July 24. Hopefully it’ll be really fun. More details to follow! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Make sure to check out our yoga sessions on Wednesday evenings: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our downtown easy run is changing locations on Mondays. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Men’s Team Champs (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k (not open yet)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results!
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- At the Front Runners New York LGBT Pride Run 5M, a club-point race, our women placed fourth thanks to Elizabeth Laseter (30:04), who was the 8th woman OA; Bianca Jackson (30:08-10th woman OA); Francesca DeLucia (31:42-9th AG); Chandler Rainey (32:08-9th AG) and Kim Martineau (32:17-2nd AG).
- The following women placed in their AG: Jessie Baldwin (33:21-10th AG); Theresa Tufaro (33:59-7thAG); Caitlin Williamson (36:31-9th AG) and and Katie Snider (36:31-10th AG).
- The men took 8th place. They were led by Hugh Parker (28:12) and followed by Jordan Rose (28:32), Mark Degenhart (29:01); Lenny Shulgin (29:01) and Matt Maline (29:20). David Roseke (29:26) and Frederick Hines (29:27) placed 8th and 9th in their AG.
- For the Masters, our men took 5th place thanks to Jonathan Kline (29:47-1st AG); Seoung Hoon Kang (30:39-4th AG) and Frank Drury (31:19-2nd AG) while our women placed second thanks to Kim Martineau (32:17-2nd AG); Patricia Tirona (35:22-9th AG) and Carol Stickler (36:53-5th AG). At the Achilles Hope & Possibility 4M, Carolina Pena was the 2nd woman OA, finishing in a time of 24:35. Paul Warthen (24:38) and Elizabeth Maiuolo (28:43) placed 5th and 7th in their AG.
- At the 2016 Sleepy Hollow Sprint Triathlon, Skyler Mosenthal (1:11:41) placed 2nd in his AG and 4thOA. Daniil Blinov placed 4th in his AG, finishing in 1:34:41 for his first triathlon ever!
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- Fifth Avenue Mile Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
1454408/2016%20Fifth%20Avenue% 20Mile%20Plan.xlsx%20-%202016% 20Fifth%20Avenue%20Mile.pdf
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run 6:30 pm, July 6.
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is Wednesday, July 6, at 6:30 pm at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.