Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thank our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, HomeAdvisor.com, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- If you are doing the Pride Run this weekend, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The newly formed cheer squad is hosting a cheering meetup for the Pride Run. Check out info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Join us after the race here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Steve Crnic – an employee at Brooklyn Running Company and a nutrition expert, is going to give a seminar on running and nutrition on Monday, June 27. Here are details: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The price for the DWRT 5k increases from $15 to $20 after June 30, so register now if you want to do it! The race is on August 13 and is a 5k in Astoria Park. We’re looking to have some good prizes for individuals and teams, so spread the word: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If you’re interested in track meets, check out the Tuesday night speed series next week: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are going to do our first-ever DWRT scavenger hunt on July 24. Hopefully it’ll be really fun. More details to follow! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Pride Run (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Men’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k (not open yet)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results!
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- At the Queens 10K, our women took 2nd place. Theresa Tufaro (42:51) was our first woman and placed 10 OA for the women and 2nd in her AG. She was followed by Jenna Moulton (44:03-7thAG); Dioris Romero (44:30-5th AG); Bondy Hui (44:54-10th AG) and Georgina Norton (44:57-6thAG). Daniil Blinov placed 5th in his AG with a time of 38:06. Congrats to Steve Wo (38:06) and Perry Anderson (41:15) on their PRs!
- Congrats to Roman Matuska and Tiger Ellen on conqueering the Great New York 100 Mile Running Exposition!
- Young Cho ran the Grandma’s Marathon in very rough conditions, finishing in 3:42:25.
- At the Running with the Devil 3-hour trail race, Skyler Lewis was the 4th woman OA and placed 1st in her AG.
- Olivier Wijtenburg won the June 22nd Al Goldstein 5k in a fast 15:59 – 33 seconds ahead of second place. Spencer Zidarich was fourth and Eric Morley was fifth. Zach Shtogren was a solid 8th place. Also running solid times were Lauren Lopez, Blaise Chow, and Kim Velsey!
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Marathon Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team and Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts.
You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run, 6:30 pm, July 6.
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is Wednesday, July 6, at 6:30 pm at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts.
We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Brooklyn Roasting Company, Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.