Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, Strava, HomeAdvisor.com, Fitletic, Inc, and adidas.
- The Bronx 10 miler is nearing capacity! Sign up soon if you want to do it. http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Make sure to sign up for the other upcoming points races as well! See the list here:http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Steve Crnic – an employee at Brooklyn Running Company and a nutrition expert, is going to give aseminar on running and nutrition on Monday, June 27. Here are details: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The registration site for our 5k road race is up. The race is on August 13 and is a 5k in Astoria Park. It’s only $15 to register until June 30 and then will increase to $20. We’re looking to have some good prizes for individuals and teams, so spread the word: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The newly formed cheer squad is hosting a cheering meetup for the Pride Run. Check out info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Remember that Russ is hosting a weekly yoga class on Wednesdays (taught by Leah and Meredith. Check next wee’s out here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Pride Run (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Men’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Women’s Team Champs: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Percy Sutton 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M (nearing capacity): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon (full): http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16
- Ted Corbitt 15k (not open yet)
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who is writing up the results!
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here:http://www.
- At the NYRR Mini 10K last Saturday, our women placed 3rd thanks to Alaina Miller (38:17); Megan Lessard (39:22); Jane Seo (39:23); Carolina Pena (39:23-1st AG) and Kim Martineau (40:11-2nd AG).
- Dioris Romero (42:15) placed 10th in her AG. Congrats to Gabi Light (45:08) and Christine Peddy (45:32) on their PRs!
- At the Brooklyn Pride 5k last Saturday, Tessa Benau (20:17) placed 2nd OA for the women and 1st in her AG. Kristen Levy (21:22) placed 2nd in her AG and Jessie Zaccaro (23:51) placed 5th in her AG.
- Olivier Wijtenburg won the Al Goldstein 5k #1 on May 25, finishing in a time of 16:12.
- At the Al Goldstein Speed Series 5k #2 on June 8, Lisa Alfrey (23:47) placed 6th in her AG.
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Retro short sleeved t-shirt: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Post-Brooklyn Half Plan: http://files.meetup.com/
Fall Marathon Plan coming soon!
DWRT on Strava
The DWRT have adopted Strava as our key community-building platform. Please feel free to join (it’s free) and link your GPS watch, or log and monitor your workouts. You can set any workout as “private,” or you can share your routes and give kudos and comment on our friends’ workouts. Please join the team’s group, as our target is to have 300 of our teammates participating on the platform by December.
Adidas club run 6:30 pm, July 6.
The DWRT is pleased to be one of the lead team partners to Adidas, one of the world’s largest retailer of high-quality sportswear and running gear. Our next Adidas run is Wednesday, July 6, at 6:30 pm at the Adidas store, Broadway and Houston Street. Bag drop is available.
DWRT’s Wellness Partners
Thank you again to our team’s Wellness Partners. This month, we are pleased to welcome Body Balance Integrated Massage, one of New York’s finest sports massage therapists. Body Balance Integrated Massage joins our roster of top Wellness Partners, which include Upper East Orthopaedics, P.C., RunnerClinic NYC, NY Custom PT & Performance Center, SDL Sports and Performance Chiropractic, and Bauer Dental Arts. We encourage all teammates to get to know our Wellness Partners, who are committed to keeping us healthy, strong and fast.
DWRT’s Team Sponsors
We could not do what we do with our Sponsors. Please join us in thanking and recommending our Team Sponsors: Fitletic, Inc., HomeAdvisor.com, Strava, Inc, RunnerClinic NYC, and Adidas.