Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, and Fitletic, Inc.
The track meet registration site is now active. Register here and share it with friends! http://trackmeet.
- We would like to collect social media handles so the team accounts can follow everyone. Please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/1asLxcLGBtxKe3iylyZSR_ aRLFS77zxTbG81mioo8Mm0/ viewform
- We are selling DWRT sports bras by Oiselle. Purchase them by the deadline of Sunday here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Boston team is selling DWRT-Boston hoodies. If you are running the Boston Marathon, you may want to buy one: https://www.booster.com/
- The post-Scotland Run party will be here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The Brooklyn Half training plan has been posted here: http://files.meetup.com/
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The Bronx 10M and the Staten Island Half, both points races, are now open for registration (Bronx: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/new-balance-bronx- 10-mile and Staten Island: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and- events/2016/nyrr-five-borough- series-staten-island-half)
- Please consider running the FRNY indoor track meet on Saturday, March 26. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results and would like to be featured on our Weekly Wag, make sure to email her.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We had 146 Whippets representing us at the NYRR NYC Half 2016 last Sunday! Our women took 3rd place thanks to some amazing performances from Elizabeth Laseter (1:21:34); Alaina Miller (1:23:1); Carolina Pena (1:23:26-3rd AG); Sarah Chiles (1:23:51) and Francesca DeLucia (1:24:04). Troy Squire (1:13:43) was our first man and placed 3rd in his AG. Frank Drury placed 5th in his AG with a time of 1:24:20. 80 team members ran a PR. Among them: Matthew Wong (1:18:40); Steve Wo (1:20:43); Young Cho (1:35:32); Laura Huselton (1:26:40); Elizabeth Maiuolo (1:36:03); Martina Di Marco (1:36:17); Eileen Costa (1:36:55); Daniela Alvarado (1:41:23); Jerlyn Thomas (1:43:18 course PR); Alyssa Berkowitz (1:53:15) and Kristen Beren (2:05:52 postpartum PR).
- Meghan Gutekunst, Daniil Blinov, Megan Jones, Nelly Dhomee, Sarah Tin and Scott Batten WON the Palmetto 70 relay in South Carolina, finishing in 8:46:50 (7:42 min/mile). The beautiful yet tough course included back woods, beach towns and bridges.
- At the NYCRUNS Spring Fling 5K & 10K, Timothy Chow (21:47) placed 6th in his AG.
- Matt Damon and Ben Affleck Are Casting for “The Runner”: http://www.runnersworld.com/
general-interest/matt-damon- and-ben-affleck-are-casting- for-the-runner
- The Fastest Kid I Know: http://thesportsquotient.com/
- Running: the art of never being satisfied: http://www.theguardian.com/
lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/ 2016/mar/22/running-art-never- being-satisfied?CMP=oth_b- aplnews_d-1
- Scotland Run (full) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn Half (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Retro 4M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Bronx 10M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Staten Island Half: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. While supplies last, you can get a “2015” short sleeved shirt for free with a purchase. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Bras: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- DWRT-Boston hoodies: https://www.booster.com/
- Scotland Run 10k: http://files.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- Brooklyn Half Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/