Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2016 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Brooklyn Roasting Company, and Fitletic, Inc.
The track meet registration site is now active. Register here and share it with friends! http://trackmeet.
- The Scotland Run (http://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2016/scotland-run- 10k) is nearing capacity!
- The Retro 4M (http://www.nyrr.org/races-
and-events/2016/nyrr-retro-4- miler), which is a points race for men and women this year and the Pride Run (http://www.nyrr.org/races- and-events/2016/front-runners- new-york-lgbt-pride-run-5m) are also open for registration. Please note that the Mini 10k is NOT a points race for women this year.
- Team points races are listed here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- A friend of team member Andrew Waddington is working on a top secret running tech product (I don’t even know what it is). If you are interested in testing the product, fill out this screening survey here: https://antedote.typeform.com/
- Please consider running the FRNY indoor track meet on Saturday, March 26. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The first club-point race of the season, the NYRR Washington Heights Salsa, Blues, and Shamrocks 5K, was held this past Sunday.
- Our women got 3rd place. Jennie Cohen (18:06) and Elizabeth Laseter (18:07) placed 8th and 9th OA for the women and were followed by Brigette Kolson (18:49-5th AG); Francesca DeLucia (19:14-10th AG) and Chandler Rainey (19:27-10th AG).
- Our master women placed third thanks to Kim Martineau (19:36-5th AG); Patricia Choux (21:09-4thAG) and Eileen Costa (21:45-9th AG).
- Our men placed 4th thanks to MacLean O’Donnell (15:50-6th AG); Ned Cunningham (16:20-9th AG); David Roeske (16:44-3rd AG); Troy Squire (16:45-2nd AG) and Skyler Mosenthal (16:59).
- For the masters, the team placed 4th thanks to Troy Squire (16:45-2nd AG); Jonathan Kline (17:34-1stAG) and Frank Drury (19:10-4th AG).
- Both of our 50+ teams also placed in the top 3 with our women led by Laura Stephen, Sarah Tobin, and Mary Haskins and our men by Jon Kline, Frank Drury, and Mark Heller!
- Kaitlyn Kiernan was the 3rd female at the Ocean’s Run Half Marathon and finished 14th OA!
- Theresa Tufaro and Atlee Murphy represented us at the Tokyo Marathon 2016, finishing in 3:15:50 and 3:22:40!
- At the E Murray Todd Half Marathon, Mark Degenhart placed 4th OA with a time of 1:15:53 and Keith Slyman finished in 1:32:28.
- At the Miles Mania #4, Elizabeth Laseter competed in the mile, finishing 1st OA with a time of 5:18. Jeremy Shingleton finished the 800m in 2:16, placing 4th OA. Chris Forti placed 3rd in his AG for the mile with a time of 5:10. He also raced the 2M distance, placing 2nd OA with a time of 11:05.
- The 12 Saddest Tweets From NYC Marathon Rejects: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- What Are Top Collegiate Programs Feeding Their Runners?: http://www.runnersworld.com/
nutrition/what-are-top- collegiate-programs-feeding- their-runners
- Michael Phelps advertisment (good for getting pumped up for a hard workout): http://olympics.nbcsports.com/
- Washington Heights 5k (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- Scotland Run (nearing capacity) http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Brooklyn Half (full): http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Retro 4M: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Pride Run: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- NYC Marathon: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
plan-your-race/run-in-2016? utm_source=nyrrorg&utm_banner& utm_campaign=nymapply16 (full)
For a limited time, we are reducing the price of our singlets and long sleeved shirts from $25 to $20. Jackets are still $110. While supplies last, you can get a “2015” short sleeved shirt for free with a purchase. Apparel will be available at Custom PT at the seminar tonight!
See info below:
- Singlets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Long Sleeved Shirts: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Jackets: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Scotland Run 10k: http://files.meetup.com/
- NYC Half: http://files.meetup.com/
- Boston Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/
- NJ Marathon: http://files.meetup.com/