Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.
- Save the date of January 16 for our annual party. Details to follow!
- Check out (and share!) our “press release” on the DWRT-Boston team: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Remember to register for the last team points race of the year, the Ted Corbitt 15k here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/nyrr-ted-corbitt- 15k. This is nearing capacity!
- We now have singlets and long sleeved shirts in for most sizes. See the apparel section below.
- Great to see attendance picking up at our Monday evening run. Here’s info: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sam has a great deal for his homebrewing event. Use the code “DWRT” when you purchase tickets and get $2 off and Sam will donate $2 to the team. Also, bring your fall marathon medal and you’ll get two free raffle tickets! Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/226116239/ and purchase tickets here: http://www.brownpapertickets. com/event/1332785
- Sign up for the e Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Friend of the team, Will Sanchez asked me to share that there is an event to benefit small businesses in Nepal that were affected in the earthquake. Link here: http://nepalbenefit.virb.com. Email him at email@example.com for more info (he has a free ticket to the event as well).
- Team member Lain Robertson is getting a cancer charity site off the ground. He posted about it on the team Facebook page. Here is his site: http://shopandcure.org
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her. Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The 2015 USATF New York Open & Masters Cross Countries Championships took place at the Freshkills Park in Staten Island this past Sunday.
- In the Open Women division, our women placed first thanks to Kate Snider (38:38), who was the first woman overall, Jennie Cohen (39:17 – 3rd woman overall), and Brigette Kolson (42:10).
- In the Open Men division, our guys placed second thanks to Philip Young (36:53), Matthew Wong (37:14), Eric Morley (37:31), and Stephen Wo (39:35).
- Kristen Beren ran a PR of 24:53 at the CHiPs 5K in Prospect Park last Saturday, placing 2nd in her AG.
- Jordan Rose won the Trenton 10K this past Sunday, finishing in 35:27.
- Missing Italian runner shows why it’s a bad idea to use someone else’s bib: http://www.theguardian.com/
sport/2015/nov/06/missing- italian-runner-shows-why-its- a-bad-idea-to-use-someone- elses-bib?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d- 1
- The Balance Between Resting, Running, and Eating: http://www.runnersworld.com/
rw-vip-editor-blogs/the- balance-between-resting- running-and-eating
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Washington Heights 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For long sleeved shirts, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-