Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, City Sports, and Fitletic, Inc.
NYC Marathon Stuff:
- If you are doing the marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Info on the marathon cheering station is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our post marathon party will start at Custom PT for some recovery (recovery boots and ice packs/baths) and then will move next door to Stout. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For questions about the marathon start, go here: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
- A quick recap of our marathon preview panel: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If you want a team jacket (right now I only have women’s), let me know by tonight and I’ll bring as many as I can carry to the post marathon party. Jackets are $110 and are Sugoi Versas, which convert into vests. They have the team logos embroidered on the front and the back!
- Sign up for the NYC Half by December 3! Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-
- Remember to register for the last team points race of the year, the Ted Corbitt 15k here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Sign up for USATF tomorrow (11/1) for your membership to count for all of 2016. After that, make sure to register for the USATF NY Association XC Championships: http://www.meetup.com/
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her. Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Last Sunday, our women placed third at the NYRR Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff 5M in Central Park!
- Brittany Haynes was the leader, finishing in 34:30 (4th AG), and was followed by Alfheidur Saemundsson (35:35 – 4th AG), Christine Peddy (37:20), Martina Di Marco (37:24), and Beatrice Giurlani (39:30).
- We had a strong bunch of Whippets representing us at the 2015 Marine Corps Marathon! Congrats to: Rachel Moncton (3:40:15); Jose Laguerre (5:17:24); Margaret Harbaugh (4:48:24); Jerlyn Thomas (3:54:14); Caitlin Jones (4:36:51); Zain Cheng (4:10:44); Skyler Lewis (4:31:10) and Lisa Ying!
- This Is Exactly What Alicia Keys Will Do On Marathon Sunday: http://www.refinery29.com/
2015/10/96379/alicia-keys-nyc- marathon-plan?utm_source= applenews&utm_medium=rss
- Meb Keflezighi breaks down the NYC Marathon’s five-borough journey: http://espn.go.com/blog/
endurance/post/_/id/2894/meb- keflezighi-breaks-down-the- nyc-marathons-five-borough- journey
- Five Things to Watch: 2015 New York City Marathon Women’s Race: http://www.runnersworld.com/
new-york-city-marathon/five- things-to-watch-2015-new-york- city-marathon-womens-race
- Is 2-Hour Marathon Within Human Grasp?: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/
article/running-to-narnia-the- quest-for-the-two-hour- marathon
- 5 Things You Can’t Do at the NYC Marathon: http://www.runnersworld.com/
new-york-city-marathon/5- things-you-cant-do-at-the-nyc- marathon
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Washington Heights 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For long sleeved shirts, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-