Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, City Sports, and Fitletic, Inc.
NYC Marathon Stuff:
- Fill out this pace form to be set up with people in a corral near you with similar goals: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/1Ad53VwR1sc- 2dyGJPvVG4LAm8wVBUeC- 6GgI1rrIyQM/viewform
- The Manhattan Saturday long run has been moved to 7:30 am and will cover the last ten miles of the marathon: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Info on the marathon cheering station is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our post marathon party will start at Custom PT for some recovery (recovery boots and ice packs/baths) and then will move next door to Stout. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Stay tuned for an email from Chris about pacing the marathon.
- For questions about the marathon start, go here: http://www.tcsnycmarathon.org/
- A quick recap of our marathon preview panel: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- If you need any PT before or after the marathon, Russ has a deal for team members of $50. Email him at email@example.com for info!
- Jordan Rose wrote a great recap of his race at the Morgantown Marathon:http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Remember to register for the last team points race of the year, the Ted Corbitt 15k here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you are doing the Dash to the Finish, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We still need 5 women and 5 men for the USATF NY Association XC Championships:http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/225576644/. Make sure to sign up for a USATF membership after 11/1 so it counts for 2016 as well.
- Remember we are doing a Monday easy run out of Tiny’s and the Bar Upstairs.http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Sam Burlingame is doing a homebrew event and would like to share it with the team. See here for details: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her. Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- The second Beer Mile of the year organized by the Dashing Whippets took place last Thursday, October 15, at the East River Park Track.
- For the women, Jerlyn Thomas came in first (Budweiser – 7:55.1) and was followed by Alexandra Northington (Budweiser – 8:16.1), Hanah Stower (Budweiser – 8:26.0); Margaret Kurtz (PBR 10:12.5), Chloe Ficl (PBR – 10:16.6), Chandler Rainey (Budweiser – 10:21.0), Atlee Murphy (Budweiser – 13:14.7), Theresa Tufaro (Budweiser- 13:43.6), Simone L (Modelo – 15:18.6), Cassie Wallace (Budweiser- 17:09.5).
- For the men, Evan Cooper took first place (Budweiser – 6:03.9) and was followed by Oliver Whitenberg (Budweiser – 7:16.0), Taylor Hartstein (Budweiser – 7:21.8), Ben Miller (Narrangansett – 7:24.4), Ted Dickhuat (Miller – 8:00.2), Jeremy Shingleton (Budweiser – 8:01.7), Ryan Starbuck (Budweiser – 9:50.9), Clint Rainey (Budweiser – 10:14.1), Sam Burlingame (Founder’s IPA – 10:52.8), Eric Piazza (Budweiser – 12:24.4), Scott Batten (Beer/Soda – 12:49.4), Marvin Yang (Budweiser – 14:25.4), Kevin Beganics (Oscar Blues IPA – 14:30.0).
- Official results can be found here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Kaitlin Blakemore totally crushed the Columbus Marathon last Sunday, finishing in 3:26:21 (a 26min PR!) and qualifying for Boston 2017! Stay tuned for a race recap!
- Richie Hildebrand ran the Grand Rapids Marathon last Sunday, finishing in 3:27:28. He was just a few seconds off his PR, which he set just seven days before in Chicago!
- Keith Slyman finished the Seaside Half Marathon in 1:35:31, placing 2nd in his age group.
- At 18, Alana Hadley Is Fastest U.S. Woman in New York City Marathon: http://www.runnersworld.com/
new-york-city-marathon/at-18- alana-hadley-is-fastest-us- woman-in-new-york-city- marathon
- Should you run with a Head Cold: http://runhaven.com/2015/10/
- Exhibition looks at history of NYC Marathon: http://www.chron.com/
entertainment/article/ Exhibition-looks-at-history- of-NYC-Marathon-6579105.php
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Washington Heights 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- For long sleeved shirts, see here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-