Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, City Sports, and Fitletic, Inc.
- The Fred Lebow Cross Country Championships and several other November races nearing capacity (this is a non-points race). Info here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- There are really cheap Brooks XC spikes on Eastbay. I just got a pair for $15 with free shipping!
- We also need 5 women and 5 men for the USATF NY Association XC Championships: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/225576644/. Make sure to sign up for a USATF membership after 11/1 so it counts for 2016 as well.
- Join us for the NYC Marathon preview panel! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Our post marathon party will start at Custom PT for some recovery (recovery boots and ice packs/baths) and then will move next door to Stout. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We were in Strava’s “6 NYC Clubs to Run for”! http://blog.strava.com/six-
- Front Runners has invited us to do the last 20 miles of the NYC Marathon at their annual blue line run. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Remember we are doing a Monday easy run out of Tiny’s and the Bar Upstairs. I hear Paul hooks people who come out for a run up! http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are doing the Marine Corps Marathon, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Results – thanks a ton to Martina, who will be writing up the results going forward! If you have any results, make sure to email her. Make sure to help us fill out our results database (update coming soon) by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- We had some great performances at the Staten Island Half Marathon this past Sunday!
- Our women came in FIRST and were led by Jessica Chichester (1:25:06), who was the third woman overall! She was followed by Emmi Aguillard (1:26:34 – 1st AG); Tessa Benau (1:28:00 – 4th AG); Chandler Rainey (1:28:04 – 5th AG) and Kaitlyn Kiernan (1:28:17 – 2nd AG).
- Our men placed third led by David Roeske (1:15:41 – 3rd AG) and followed by Alex Chan (1:19:43 – 5th AG); Philip Young (1:20:38 – 7th AG); Andrew Hadro (1:23:05) and Ryan Hepworth (1:23:11).
- In the Staten Island 5K, Mark Heller placed 1st in his AG with a 20:21.
- Meanwhile in Illinois, some of our Whippets were busy crushing the Bank of America Chicago Marathon 2015! Congrats to: David Parkinson (02:54:43); Nicole Tilzer (04:19:02); Tiffany Golden-Stone (03:22:47); Henrietta Aitken (03:08:48); Hanna Ursillo (03:26:31); Richie Hildebrand (3:27:05); Dearon Panossian (02:59:19); Theresa Tufaro (03:09:58); Kevin Tschirhart (03:23:43); Samatha Creath (03:04:53); Wilson Chau (03:55:51); Sue Jean Baek (03:50:01); Daniil Blinov (03:10:09); Selina Satoko (3:45:45); Anish Sharma (04:32:28); Sam Pagan (04:36:03); Jose Laguerre (04:59:48) and Merlin Montrevil (05:39:02). WELL DONE, GUYS!
- At the Kurt Steiner XC 5k, Cassie Wallance ran a 21:04, placing 2nd in her AG.
- A ton of Whippets ran the Rock and Roll Brooklyn Half Marathon, including Eytan Kurshan in 1:19:33, Kim Martineau in 1:30:28, Grace House 1:34:03, Celeste Hoelzl 1:34:21, Amy May 1:34:30, Cara Rabin 1:37:49, Michael Alcamo 1:40:32, and Brianna Mcloughlin in 1:47:05.
- 5 Tips For Selecting A Boston Marathon Qualifying Race: http://runningwithmiles.
boardingarea.com/5-tips-for- selecting-a-boston-marathon- qualifying-race/
- What Made Suzy Run: http://www.newyorker.com/news/
- Perhaps I Have Ruined Running: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
- Choosing a Marathon Pacing Strategy: http://home.trainingpeaks.com/
blog/article/choosing-a- marathon-pacing-strategy?feed= 70c86158-aad7-4b07-8cc3- 7c383b9bd61b
- Is Height Really a Disadvantage in Marathons?: http://www.runnersworld.com/
sweat-science/is-height- really-a-disadvantage-in- marathons
- The Truth About Energy Return in Your Shoes: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Washington Heights 5k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2016/nyrr-washington- heights-salsa-blues-and- shamrocks-5k
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-