Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- We would love to have someone volunteer to do a weekly writeup of results for the team site and for the weekly wag. This would involve checking out results and writing up a few sentences/paragraphs about PRs and other great performances.
- Russ is hosting an end of summer event at his clinic and will do a demonstration of acupuncture and physical therapy tonight. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- If you are running the Fifth Avenue Mile, RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- And the Mile Cheering Section is here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Make sure to check out all the info on the Mile, including heat information here: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- The metric marathon has been posted. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Also, please fill out this survey so we can put pace groups together. Disregard the first one I posted – I needed to add a few more fields, so updated the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/1b- EpHgWIN65sUPSSHK0je9SQAhnYkCGw WQYF1fUoAIk/viewform
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- At the Swanzey Covered Bridges Half Marathon in New Hampshire, Tim Plakas was 1st in his age group in 1:23:40 and David Parkinson was 2nd in his age group in 1:24:09. Daniela Alvarado had a 5 minute PR in 1:43:49 to win her age group!
- At the Henry Isola Cross Country 4M, Mark Heller won his age group with Katherine Meltzer and Michelle Fernie both placing third in theirs.
- Philipp Thier and Rick Thiounn were our top two runners at the France Run 8k, running 6:06 and 6:10 pace, respectively. Philipp, Brigette Kolson, and Bob Parsons were all top ten in their age group.
- Our women’s team was third place in the Percy Sutton 5k, led by Francesca DeLucia and Dioris Romero. Avi Ma’ayan, Francesca, and Dioris were all top ten in their age groups.
- Racing News: September 9 Morning Report: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- The Most Awesome Female Runner in the World: http://www.newyorker.com/news/
sporting-scene/the-most- awesome-female-runner-in-the- world?intcid=mod-latest
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Grete’s Gallop: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/memorial-sloan- ketterings-freds-team- presents-gretes-great-gallop- 131m
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.w