Welcome to this week’s edition of our weekly news and events roundup of all things Whippet-related.
- Since David and Meredith are moving to Boston, David is going to head up a Boston chapter of the Whippets with support from the NY team. The team will officially launch at the end of 2015, just in time for Boston marathon training. The team will be a separate entity (a separate RRCA and USATF club), but we expect to share a lot of our resources (logo, apparel, etc.). If you know of any runners in Boston that would like a club, let David or me know so we can start collecting a list of potential new members!
- Check out Ryan Hepworth’s race report from the Catskill Mountain 100k relay: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2015/08/27/catskill- mountain-100k-relay-recap-by- ryan-hepworth/
- Strava is going to do a photo essay on the NYC running scene and will be at the East River track during our workout on 9/17. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- The metric marathon has been posted. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- We are pushing back the meetup time of the Thursday morning workout so more people attend. RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
- Make sure to read Chris’s Whippet Wisdom email from earlier this week: http://www.dashingwhippets.
org/2015/08/27/handling-a- down-week-and-training- assessment/
- If you’re interested in purchasing a singlet, please see info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
whippets/events/224233045/. We are currently trying to replenish several sizes.
- And you can purchase a short sleeved tech shirt. Info here: http://www.meetup.com/dashing-
These team points races are now open for registration:
- Fifth Avenue Mile: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
- Grete’s Gallop: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
events/2015/memorial-sloan- ketterings-freds-team- presents-gretes-great-gallop- 131m
- Ted Corbitt 15k: http://www.nyrr.org/races-and-
Results – Fill out this survey to submit any non-NYRR results:
Make sure to help us fill out our results database by entering your non-NYRR results here: http://www.dashingwhippets.
- Usain Bolt, a Collapse, and an Epic Beer Mile: http://www.newyorker.com/news/
sporting-scene/usain-bolt-a- collapse-and-an-epic-beer- mile?intcid=mod-latest
- Finish Line Confusion Mars Winner’s Moment at Santa Rosa Marathon: http://www.runnersworld.com/
races/finish-line-confusion- mars-winners-moment-at-santa- rosa-marathon
- The Legacy of New Zealand’s Milers: http://www.runnersworld.com/
- Three Mental Tricks for Handling Hot Long Runs: http://www.runnersworld.com/
ask-coach-jenny/three-mental- tricks-for-handling-hot-long- runs
Make sure to follow us on social media:
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/
The Dashing Whippets Running Team thanks our 2015 Team Sponsors for their generous support of the club: RunnerClinicNYC, Generation UCan, Revolution in Motion, and Fitletic, Inc.